Monday, June 04, 2007

King Crab Seafood Restaurant @ Kelana Jaya

Weekend is now over, again! Just so unbelievable that half a year has gone, so soooooo fast! Although Saturday was an off day for me due to da fact that it was our King's birthday but I still feel absolutely restless today. Monday blues, yes? I guess it's more like I'd too much of fun during da weekend :D Anyways, hope that you guys and gals had a good weekend and let's kick start da 1st day of da week with full of energy, will ya? ;)

I seriously would like to know how many of you have yet to step foot in King Crab Seafood Restaurant cause I suspect that we might be da only persons trying this place for da very first time last Friday (yes, finally!) when they've actually opened for like... more than a year? I think I need not elaborate much as this place has got all its fame now, especially with da gigantic signboard (opposite Kelana Jaya LRT Station) that I believe nobody would miss it :)

We started our dinner with a plate of Stir-fried "Bee Hoon" with "Lala" (Clams). Not too bad, only priced at RM 10 for 2 persons. Lotsa Clams were given but I find da "Bee Hoon" texture a little bit "fake". Tastes wise, pretty okay but not salty enough...

Darling ordered Boiled Prawn ("Pak Chiok") for me since he knows that I heart Prawns. Priced at RM 25, we find da Prawns absolutely fresh, tasty and da sauce, oh so yummy-licious! Love it, love it and I highly recommend you to order this dish if you fancy Prawns :D

Next up, we had da Deep-fried Mantis Prawn ("Lai Liu Har"). Priced at RM 5 per pc, we requested to have 4 of them. Taste like a hybrid of Cray Fish, must say that they are not huge as compared to some that we had before but still, they were yummy and best of all, not oily :D

As for da Crabs, we had it done in Salted Egg Yolk. Priced at RM 38 per kg, I find da Crabs here not as good as those at La-la Chong Seafood Restaurant though, they were pretty small and lack of Yolk tastes.

Overall, I find this place okay. Definitely not da best Seafood you will ever have but I find it pretty affordable where da total bill came up to RM 100+ only for da above Seafood we had ;)

Other reviews:

11 comments:

Precious Pea said...

MeiYen, trust me, try their butter crab next time..and also their bbq fish. Aiii...it's about time for me to visit King Crab again!

Coketai said...

It is OK to have Monday Blue, I have all the time and the only Monday I feel excited was if Tuesday is a holiday. Ha ! ha!

Tummythoz said...

Haha. Thot I was d latest to try this out but I was wrong. I was 1 week earlier than you. Had different dishes tho. As usual, I'll b late in posting. =P

Jessie Woo said...

wuah the Deep-fried Mantis Prawn look so tempting la .. is such a waste la i din get to join u .. hopefully i can join u next time yeah .. :D

Big Boys Oven said...

Hi MeiYin, Luv this restaraunt,I like their Baked Crab which comes with luvly green chilli milk sauce. There is another place which is good, Tak Fok Restaraunt at Aman Puri and their new outlet at Bandar Puteri, Puchong. Evryday full and worst on weekend which is packed. Their Salted Egg Crab is RM20/kg, Cheessy Crab also one of their signature cost RM18/kg. Another place in Ipoh does giant freah Baked Mantin Prawn is Restaraunt Bukit Tambun, Tasek which cause RM70/kg, better than Kota Kinabalu.
Big Boys Oven

MeiyeN said...

preciouspea, thanks for da tip! you wanna visit king crab again? i wanna join you.. can i? :D

coketai, muahahahaha... so true, so true! i guess yesterday wasn't really a monday blue to me... i was just freaking tired due to da fact that i had no enough rest for da past 3 days... :) anyways, am counting down to weekends again though today is only tuesday lol.....

tummythoz, ooo.. my oh my, i was really late! lol..... and i can't wait to see what you had one week before us ekekekeke.....

jessie, yah..somemore so near! :( but no worries, we shall go again yah..... *hugz*

bigboysoven, ooopsss... not "meiyin" but "meiyen" :D ooo... thanks for telling me but where's aman puri? rm 20/kg is cheap!!!!!! O_o

boo_licious said...

precious pea - sounds like a great idea, when shld we do King Crab?

Sorry to hear you didn't like the salted egg yolk crab. The first time we ate there, we didn't like it but the second time it was much nicer so I guess quality is inconsistent.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Wow, yum yum...
Alwayz pass-by that area on way to 1U/The Curve/Ikea, but dinno how good it was. Now i know. ;-p

MeiyeN said...

boo, yeah.... maybe i should try da butter version next time :)

obi-kwan, yeah.... remember to bring your gf along to try this place ;)

team BSG said...

haha thumbs up for good old
lala chong !
y e a h
We knew it
V knew it !

MeiyeN said...

teambsg, ooo... new pic, a banana! :D oh yeah, la-la chong is always my family's favourite seafood restaurant ;)