Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nando's @ 1 Utama

When Teckiee (Eat First Think Later) blogged about Nando's Chicken 2 weeks ago, I got so tempted to try it as I never eaten them before although they've been operating for so many years! Don't laugh, it's a shame! :( But, but... mom had been warning us not to eat Chicken due to bird flu, bad enough! Worst of all, I was craving for it badly and when I craves for something, I must have it no matter what happens. So, when I found out that if da Chickens were to cook properly (100% cooked), there shouldn't be any problem, really can die by eating Chickens? Nope, am still alive now! :D

We had our Nando's dinner in da 1 Utama branch cause it's da nearest outlet from my place and also so happened that we were there to watch Fantastic 4 that night :) and look at that, so many kind of sauces; Extra Hot Peri-Peri, Hot Peri-Peri, Garlic Peri-Peri and except da Tomato sauce, all of them are extremely spicy, can really kill me okay O_o

We had da Classic meal where I opt for a quarter of Hot Peri-Peri Chicken with Old Style Chips and Coleslaw. Priced at RM 12.80, find da Chicken finger licking good but da sauce, toooooooooooo spicy for me! I almost got killed by it okay... thankfully darling warned me earlier not to order da Extra Hot Peri-Peri, I can really imagine da colour of my face by then, flaming HOT and RED!

Darling had da same meal, a quarter of Chicken with Mild Peri-Peri Sauce. For da side dishes, he chose to have Peri Corn and Fresco Salad....

I am very proud now as I've finally tried Nando's Chicken and I am loving it ;)

Other review:-

15 comments:

tankiasu said...

Kakaka..there was once I tried their Extra Hot Peri-peri. After the meal, I could barely talk as my tongue was hurting and the next day, I was sick!!! :O

They should really put some warning labels on their chicken. :P

Primrose said...

I actually prefer Nandos to Kenny Rogers. And I keep those different little toothpick flags with different flavours. :)

Xiu Long Bao said...

huh, proud of trying nando's? My last visit to Nando's was like 3 yrs ago n i swear not to try it anymore. The portion was stingy and not really tasty oso. But u seem to luv it veli much?

Tummythoz said...

I usually go for the extra hot peri-peri. *breaths fire*

~Christine~Leng said...

the last time I had Nando's was.. i think 2 years back. Had the chicken with Mild Peri-Peri sauce as well.. unfortunately, there's a DEAD, DRIED or I think FRIED WORM on the PERI CORN!! Only saw it when i wanna grab a bite!!! That's the last time I had Nando's! *sad* everytime I see Nando's it reminds me of the bad experience.

Kenny Mah said...

I usually order the Hot Peri-Peri Chicken, then dose Extra-Hot Peri-Peri sauce on top of it... this way I get to control the spiciness, though my friends have mentioned that my "version" is probably spicier than just the Extra-Hot chicken...

What to do, Melaka lang ma... ;)

Kok said...

meiyen,
I always order the chicken with Mild Peri-Peri Sauce here in Perth. It's not too hot.

Wah...Now I know the price in Malaysia is almost the same as in Perth here (no conversion). Expensive lah eating Nando's...

teckiee said...

I cant imagine eating the extra hot peri-peri... I think I'll be sweating and crying!

Cutie said...

It's been a while since I last had Nandos. I love it so much as it taste good without affecting our waistline much. hehe... But lately I have been having cravings for Kenny Rogers instead!

Big Boys Oven said...

I love their sauce! So yummy and smack on.

MeiyeN said...

tankiasu, so powerful right.. my tummy was in flame throughout that night lol and it wasn't extra hot peri-peri that i ordered! i can really imagine how you felt at that time.. :p

primrose, oh you actually keep them... they're cute! :) i think that da chickens @ nando's are more flavourful compare to those at nando's due to da peri-peri sauce but no muffins :(

xiulongbao, yeah.. was very happy that night! maybe because it was my first time... i really hardly have my meals at fast food outlets eg. mcd, kfc.. so when i get to eat it when i craves for it, you can really see my happy, smiling face! stingy and not tasty huh.... that sounds bad though but maybe you can give them a try once again? after all, it has been so many years since da last time right... :)

tummythoz, wow... you can take it huh? O_o

christine, that was such a bad bad bad experience! *fainted* so sorry to hear that! think given to me, i will do da same too.. never ever return :p

kennymah, oh yeah... malaccan, truly understand! :) but... but.. i seriously don't think i can pour da extra hot peri-peri sauce on my chicken.... too hot for me to handle ;)

kok, same price? woooo that's expensive.... nvm, next time you come back... you can freely have it here, cheap and affordable! :D

teckiee, hahahahaha.... :p

cutie, oh yeah... i love kenny rogers' muffins! :D

bigboysoven, yeah... and they do sell da sauce.. if not mistaken about rm 10 per bottle ;)

babe_kl said...

gimme this over kenny roger's anytime! i liked their coleslaw too

team BSG said...

ya ya not bad lah this place. their chicks are different somehow and thats good ! ( also shud be time to update your MOI like ' xtra ordinary gal ....' )
serious confession: V have problems to keep u with yr continuous runs of stylish eating adventures in more stylish settings, plse forgive me ( V just love dat song )

jason said...

The first and last time I had this was like... 3 years ago! Don't even remember which stage of spiciness I had >_<"

MeiyeN said...

babe-kl, yeah.. da coleslaw surprisingly very fresh and cooling! :D

teambsg, that bad? :(

jason, oooo.... advisable to take da mild peri-peri cause i took da hot peri-peri and ended up having a flaming sensation in my tummy after that lol...