Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Seremban "Siew Pao"

Yesterday was another busy day for me. I made a trip down to Malacca for a meeting and while on da way home to KL, I drove in to Seremban and you sure know why... yeaps, "Siew Pao" and if you happens to be a frequent user of da North- South Highway, you definitely won't miss da huge and bright in Yellow colour Signboard stated there, Seremban "Siew Pao" Empire on your right side (coming from KL) and vice-versa. I found out that da "Siew Paos" are all freshly baked here, at this shop, more like a factory to me though and it's a non-stop thingy from early in da morning till late at night, 11 pm. I could see that their business seem to be really good with lotsa travel buses all around when I was there and most of them were foreigners, after all it's Visit Malaysia Year :)

Look at these "Siew Paos", awesome! There are 2 versions of "Siew Pao" that you can get it here, da one with Chicken filling and another one, with Pork filling. I savoured da Chicken "Siew Pao" and find it so good! I tell ya... da "Siew Pao" here really delicious! Da pastry, oh sooooooo light, airy and flaky. Best of all, not oily and da filling..... oooooooo yummy! Priced at RM 1.10 per pc, no doubts, quite expensive and though small as compare to those that you can get in KL or other places but it's tasty, really... so it's all worthy! :D

I also tried da Wife Cake "Lou Poh Peng" but find da filling rather weird as it tastes like "Kaya" instead of da usual Wintermelon. However bad, I got to give thumb up for its golden-brown Pastry though, really nice!

Anyone of you know what cookies are these? My mom and dad told me that it's da mini version of "Yee Chai Peng" and I've got no idea what's "Yee Chai Peng"! Anyways, I must confess that these Cookies are so delicate that we actually finished da whole pack within 15 minutes :p and oh they are real cheap, RM 1.50 only for one packet! :D

My first time here and da "Siew Pao" certainly didn't disappoint me. Will definitely return to this place for more "Siew Paos" next time! :D Back at home, my parents tried it, my sista tried it, my other half tried it and all of them gave thumbs up for da "Siew Pao". So, if you love "Siew Pao" do drop by this place and oh, I just realised that they've a branch here at Old Klang Road that you may want to give it a try if Seremban is too far away for you :)

9 comments:

teckiee said...

1.50 a pack is really cheap! I have to buy mine from Giant... not really nice but i just the spice smell of it. In malay they call it biskut telinga also.

Jackson said...

Yeah... i love serembab siew bao so much too! I saw that building on the way to Melaka too last week and saw a lot of travel bus stop outside the building.... dunno why i feel the quality of seremban siew bao branches in KL drop a lot

Baby Princess said...

which part of Old Klang Road to get the siew pau???

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

What i really like from S'ban area is not siew pau but charn pau (similar kinda filling as siew pau but instead in a soft bun outer layer). The best so far is from Asia Confectionary. It's not located inside the city but on the outskirts. Good stuff!

MeiyeN said...

teckiee, oo.. so it's true, "yee chai peng" ekekekeke... yah i like da spicyness of it lol..

jackson, oh yes, that building! so eye-catching right :D kl's version seems to be really different.. not so nice with lotsa flour!

babyprincess, you check out da photo above (plastic bag) with contact number as well.. :)

obi-kwan, ahh really? buy me some da next time u make a trip down to seremban ok? pass to bob da builder will do ekekekeke...

Xiu Long Bao said...

i luv seremban siew pao too! The best in town.

waa...actually ur sense of direction is not bad ah, can drive to malacca and detour to seremban! bravo!

Honey Star said...

ARGH!! Seremban siew pau!! :D My FAV!!

Shirley Khor said...

Mmm~I can smell it already. I miss the 'siew bao' in Penang which my best friend used to buy for me as lunch or afternoon tea.

I'm gonna try these when I go back to M'sia :)

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, oh you wanna know why? i was actually with my dad! :D lol...

honeystar, yes...yes, my favourite too! yummzzzzz....

shirleykhor, thanks for visiting! wow i didn't know penang is famous for its "siew pao" too! me going to penang in 3 weeks time and hope that i am lucky enough to get da yummy ones :D oh, hope that you gonna enjoy your days when you are back in m'sia yah! :D