Friday, June 15, 2007

Ultimate Tea Time @ Winter Warmers, Ikano Power Centre

Woohoooo.... it's Friday!!!!!!!!! :D am a happy gal today, bought tickets to watch Fantastic 4 tonight and by all means, hope that it gonna be a good movie ;)

Feeling down and need a cuppa to warm your tummy? Head no where but to Winter Warmers ;) Located on da 1st floor of Ikano Power Centre, there's also another outlet at The Curve, I must declare that I absolutely love this place as a matter of fact that it has a very cozy, sweet and serene atmosphere. Also, not to forget da cute and adorable Little Cups that I just feel like to "kidnap" them home :p

Blueberry Fruit Cocktail (RM 8.90), served warm, da taste that is brisk and cherishes somehow has our vote. For a sweeter taste, you can opt to add some honey to your cup of tea at no extra costs :)

We had a Toasted Veggie & Egg Sandwich. Priced at RM 8.90, it came with very fresh Veges like Tomatoes and Lettuce, besides that, there were sliced boiled Eggs and it was accompanied with cheesy Cheese and creamy Mayonnaise. I definitely like its food presentation and as for tastes wise, it was just finger licking good! :D

Next, we had a slice of Lavender Cheesecake (RM 6.50). My first experience with this luscious Lavender Cheesecake tasted weird to me. I didn't seem to like it though as I find da Lavender's essence too strong for my liking while da cake itself, too dry and not cheesy enough, very disappointed indeed :(

This place seems to offer a variety of Coffee and Tea delights from hot to cold. If you heart Ice-blended, they have it here as well and they serve pretty good set lunch and dinner too ;) Do check this place out...

17 comments:

babe_kl said...

i had their lavendar cheesecake once and i find them dry and the cheese was over powering but then it was quite some time back :p havent gone back since when the curve has more outlets . don't mind the tea though

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Everytime I walk past this place, I am sweating profusely from the heat and the last thing I wanna do is enter a place called Winter Warmers! hehe. I'm glad you did this review...I shall make an effort to check it out. Thanks!

MeiyeN said...

babe, yeah.... dry and tasted weird to me! tea is good! :D

lemongrass, let me know how you feel bout this place yah :D

Etcetera~Mommy said...

Hi Meiyen.. enjoy your movie tonight and thanks for dropping by my blog earlier.. :D

MeiyeN said...

etcetera~mommy, you are most welcome! :D

Kenny Mah said...

Heya MeiYen!

Yeah, I'm one of those who keep walking past Winter Warmers without ever thinking of dropping in. Well, I did stop by once, but only to ask if they had Apfelstrudel as dessert for this dinner I was planning. They didn't have it, alas!

(Anyone know where I can get decent Apfelstrudel in PJ?)

But I'd give the Lavender Cheesecake a try even though the reviews don't seem too enthusiastic. Must try first myself ma...

And enjoy Fantastic Four tonight! I'm watching it tomorrow! :D

Precious Pea said...

I also went last month...belum post. I like this place...so cozy and english feel.

Shirley Khor said...

I tried the waffles in Winter Warmer b4 back in Penang. They were great! I dunno whether they can be consistent with the taste, but u shud give them a try ;)

Yeah! I have to agree with u. I love the food presentation and i want the tea cup >.<

Jackson said...

hmmm.. i should try put one day since strongly recommended by u.. pls review about the movie too ya...

MeiyeN said...

kenny, have you tried strudels? oh yeah, of course is much better you try it on your own cause different people, different opinion ;) and sad case..... F4 is so-so only, still prefer part 1 :)

MeiyeN said...

preciouspea, oh really... can't wait for your post... wanna know what you had!

shirley, cool.. you mean they've a branch @ penang too? which part of penang may i know? i will keep them in my mind, waffles!

jackson, da movie... well, so-so only.... not really that good as compare to part 1 :(

Big Boys Oven said...

meiyen: I think the cheesecake might have been left in the chilled rather long and got dry. might not be fesh. I wonder if I should try to whip up a lavender cheesecake as i read about it a few time.

jason said...

Lavender cheesecake? Won't it tastes a bit artifcial?? I bet they don't use the real lavender right?

Honey Star said...

The lavender cheesecake really look interesting. Do they mix in the lavender flowers or just for show only? I see lots of it on the plate.

Shirley Khor said...

Yep! The branch is in Gurney Plaza. It's located outside the building, at a corner lot.

I thought the food is supposed to be standardised. Don't they serve waffles in Winter Warmers in KL? :-/

MeiyeN said...

bigboysoven, you are right... not fresh is da word :)

jason, ermm... it tastes weird though.. not too sure if they use da real lavender but da buds were inside da cheesecake! :p

honeystar, both!

shirley, i am not too sure about it.. will take note da next time i visit winter warmers :) thanks!

plain.jane said...

my fav spot.. at curve!