Thursday, July 19, 2007

Aunty's Birthday Dinner @ Kam Lun Tai Restaurant , Sri Petaling

We watched Die Hard 4.0 yesterday and I absolutely loved it! My opinion, I really think that this movie is so much better than Transformers. I tell ya, Bruce Willis rocks! He may be bald and old but in Die Hard 4.0, John McClane is a hero for our times, darn good! So people, go watch it yah....

Back to food, this's definitely one long overdue post. We attended our aunty's birthday dinner like a month back in Kam Lun Tai Restaurant which is located at Sri Petaling. My parents told me that in da 80s, Kam Lun Tai was a famous "chan teng" in which I believe that they are still well known for its Dim Sum and Chinese cuisine. My cousin told me that she heart their Moon cakes too but I have yet to taste them, so I can't comment much.. would really love to try their Moon cakes since mid-autumn festival is just 2 months away, can't wait for it! :D

Typical Chinese set dinner, we started with Four Hot & Cold Combination. I tried all of them but only liked da Baby Octopus cause da rest seemed to taste okay only.

As usual, second dish of da set would be Shark's Fin Soup. This one, with Crabmeat tasted good, loved it ;)

Third dish, half a Suckling Piglet & half a Roasted Duck. I find it really weird cause it was my first time having a dish to be served that way, half of a Piglet and half of a Duck :p I more acceptable if it were half a Chicken and half a Duck right? :p Anyways da Duck, not too bad but da Piglet, find it very smelly (why huh?) and oily too (so much of fats in it!) :|

Next dish, my favourite..... Steamed Pomfret with Soya Sauce! :D

Then, it was a plate of Golden Crispy Prawns. We believe that it was a Salted Egg Prawns and for sure, this Prawns were given thumb up, yumzzz!

Da 6th dish came, Stewed Mixed Vegetables. Looked really good right and we thought it was simply delicious not until I had my first bite of it. Well, da sauce tasted one kind and da Veges were so gluey, like you know, sticking to each other..... ewwwwww :|

Da last course before Dessert was Fried Rice. Not too sure how it tastes but there were left over though, at least half a plate!

For Dessert, we were served Crispy Pancake and Mochi. Da Pancake definitely has my vote, yummy!

We also had Chilled Honey Dew with Sago. Never tried it cause I am allergy to Honeydew :|

My cousins and my nieces love da Mochi so they decided to have more, Yam Flavour!

and another box of Strawberry flavour, all good!

To be truthful, da food here is quite okay. Da above 9-course set meal costs about RM 650 for 13 persons, excluding drinks. I would say that da service at this outlet is prompt but da waiter that served us that night seemed to be very incourteous. I think he got fed up with us because we were quite demanding, especially my naughty nieces asking for "this" and "that" almost like few minutes once. After dinner my relatives left while we went to da loo and when we came out from da wash room, we over heard da waiter telling another staff in cantonese language, "I feel like to puke my saliva to their food and let them eat!" O_o Oh my god!!!!!!!!! I immediately called my cousin and told her what happened and she screwed their in charge person with no mercy. Bad... don't think I will dare to come by here again :|

16 comments:

babe_kl said...

my boiboi loves those omochi. dunno why.

Anyway, I've come out with this year's Merdeka Open House topic, pls check Merdeka Open House 2007. Hope you can join the fun.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

u better dun go back again, if not they really puke in ur food..!

Cute Little Piggy said...

i been there for my dad 's friend wedding

the food sucks from the 1st to the end

the branch is always like that one.
my friend work there b4 they really pick up back the sotongball thing which accidentally fall on floor then give customer eat

MeiyeN said...

babe_kl, my nieces too!!!! guess kids love em... :D

joe, yeah.. that's for sure!

cutelittlepiggy, O_o oh my god... that's horrible! :|

Cute Little Piggy said...

meiyen: got try the page one restaurant? i recommendu at friendster. dun worry about the service. they are super friendly

Baby Princess said...

i like their mochi too!!

i think, almost all the restaurants are like that. never know what happen in the kitchen is better!!

Kok said...

meiyen,
How come your shark fin soup was served with pickled chilli?

And one thing I don't understand about Chinese restaurant in M'sia. How come the fried rice or fried noodle always comes last? Of course nobody will finish it after so much food. haha!

What a staff! Don't ever go back to the restaurant...

Cat Cat said...

mei yen,
I'm a regular silent reader of your blog for a long time. Gosh, probably close to 2 years...
I love all the food pictures. Great job.

Thanks for all the reviews. On this particular Kum Lun Tai Restaurant, I will keep in mind not to go there for my meal.

ipohwav3 said...

Wah, so scary. Talking bou working ethics... *sigh*

tankiasu said...

Oh I love those crispy pancakes. Its been awhile since I last had them.

MeiyeN said...

cutelittlepiggy, O_o i received nothing from your side at friendster..

babyprincess, yeah... better don't peep :p

kok, lol.. cause i like to eat that way.. :p and seriously, i have no idea why da carbs to serve as last dish... just so typical :p

catcat, really?! thanks for being my reader... :D

ipohwav3, yeah... really rude! well i guess what goes around comes around.. just hope that they won't really do it to others...

tankiasu, me love them too! yummy!

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

OMG holy crap.
What did d manager say when he got grilled bout d incident?

MeiyeN said...

obi-kwan, nothing much... as usual, apologize and felt really sorry, insisted that... da waiter, just a part-timer :|

Cute Little Piggy said...

http://www.mf-99.com/Cheras/July-ads/PAGE-ONe.htm

meiyen just copy and paste this link, it will link you to PAGE ONE restaurant

God of Food's said...

OMG, we should avoid going there....

Jackson said...

ba... the oyster is so huge!!! u such a lucky girl!!