Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Da Wedding & Funeral

Good morning everyone! I am back from Penang and also Malacca. We flew from LCCT and arrived in Penang on Friday afternoon and were staying at Golden Sands Beach Resort, Batu Feringghi. It was truly fun but da weather was superbly hot and dry. Got sun burn cause we couldn't resist to jump into da swimming pool and walking/running around da beach side as at 3pm till 6pm! Then on Saturday, went to Kek Lok Si Temple and headed off to Sungai Petani preparing to be my good friend, Ivy's "jimui" as her big day (wedding) supposed to be on Sunday morning.

Everything was fine till at a certain hour when my six sense signaled me that there must be something.... something really bad happening in KL and out of a sudden, I missed home and I cried like a little baby telling my fiance wanna go home without any reasons :| Minutes later, I called my mom and talked to her, telling her that I missed everybody so much, I missed home (I just couldn't be away from home, very much attached to my family). Mom and I had a long chat and I eagerly asked mom if there's anything bad happening in KL and mom didn't say much until I asked again if she's really sure that everything is okay. She then calmly told me that my grandma (dad's mom) was admitted to hospital. I was stone, I knew it... :( Mom told me that she didn't want to inform me cause I was holidaying and she just didn't want to spoil my holiday and she even mentioned that grandma was in good condition and we could still visit her in Malacca hospital when I am back from Penang on Monday. Conversation ended and I thought okay, would be going to Malacca and visit her on Monday.

However, at 10pm+ when I was having dinner with da rest of da "jimuis", my mobile phone rang and da ringtone indicated that it was a call from my uncle. I first thought that uncle called me in regards of work matters but when he said that, "Meiyen, I couldn't get your daddy. His phone is off, grandma just passed away." I was so sad, da feeling was so indescribable and my tears almost shed but I couldn't as I was right in front of da bride! I remained calm cause I didn't want to spoil my friend's wedding. I silently talked to fiance and told him that grandma passed away and seconds later, I dragged Ivy to a corner and told her that I couldn't attend her wedding anymore and need to go back KL asap. For your information, I was supposed to come back KL on Sunday afternoon after da tea ceremony as my initial flight was at 3pm. After that, I called mom and asked her to inform dad that grandma passed away. I seriously unsure how to inform my dad cause I know that he would be very sad to hear da sad news and I shed my tears telling mom that I wanna be home that minute, told her that I would try to get a midnight flight home but she advised me not to, at least wait till morning. Ivy was very kind to call up MAS for me and I was so glad to know that tickets still available for da 715am flight. Without hesitation, darling quickly bought da tickets over da phone and for da whole night, I didn't manage to sleep well. Woke up at 4am, took a cab from Sungai Petani back to Penang Airport. Safely landed at KLIA and da minuted I reached home, dad opened da door for us and welcomed us home. He looked pretty calm too but could see and feel that he was very upset deep in his heart :( I unpacked and packed my luggage all over again, a very quick one and off, drove down to Malacca.

Reached Malacca at 2pm and quickly went to see grandma. She was already in da coffin and my tears shed slowly. I regretted that I didn't get to see her da very last time she breath, I was just too late. If only I wasn't in Penang, I believe I could make it back to Malacca when she was still in da hospital. She looked pretty calm and decent. Mom said that she had passed away peacefully and already rested in peace so we shouldn't be crying anymore but I couldn't help during da time we chant for her. We were all waiting eagerly for all my uncles, aunties and cousins to be back in Malacca all da way from Jakarta, Singapore, KL and Kampar for da last chant and thank god that all managed to see her for da very last time before da coffin left. Grandma passed away at da age of 85 and was buried yesterday morning at da Hainanese cemetary (right beside my grandpa) and for all that I wish, may grandma rest in peace.

In Loving Memory of My Grandma
After They Are Gone

When someone we love passes away,
We ache, but we go on;
Our dear departed would want us to heal,
After they are gone.

Grief is a normal way to mend
The anguish and pain in our hearts;
We need time to remember and time to mourn,
Before the recovery starts.

Let's draw together to recuperate,
As we go throught this period of sorrow;
Let's help each other, with tender care
To find a brighter tomorrow.

By Joanna Fuchs

23 comments:

Precious Pea said...

So sorry to hear that..my condolences to your family.

kath said...

sorry bout the loss.. may your grandma have a wonderful afterlife up there.. be strong k? take care..

tankiasu said...

My condolences.

Prayer of serenity:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Mei Yen, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

MamaBoK said...

My deepest condolences . .MY..!! take comfort in knowing that your grandma is in a better place.
You take good care ya..! Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Jessie Woo said...

When i receive ur sms that nite .. i was too O.o but you be strong yeah

My condolences to you and family :(

sc said...

sorry about your grandma's passing. my condolences to your family and you. take care

MeiyeN said...

hey everyone, no worries.. am all okay :) life is back to normal...

myCoffee said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Please take care!

team BSG said...

Our condolences. & sorry u couldn't finis yr trip up there the way u wanted.

Xiu Long Bao said...

take care n stay strong meiyen :) I know u will.

~Christine~Leng said...

I'm sorry to hear that too... Take care! :)smile!

Lianne's Blog said...

Take care *big hug*

Jackson said...

My condolences and do take good care..

Cutie said...

My dear... I'm so sorry about that. Please stay strong. Think positive that your grandma has gone to a better place.

wmw said...

Condolences to you and your family. Take care....

Big Boys Oven said...

Meiyen: great to hear you are getting along fine. Sorry to hear of your lost, be strong and take care.

babe_kl said...

i'm so sorry to hear this. my deepest sympathy and condolences to your family

Primrose said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to read this a little late but my deepest condolences. I hope you're recovering well.

Cheers!

MeiyeN said...

no worries, we are all fine and i learn to understand that she's really old and that it's time for her to leave this world... life back to normal and thank you! :D

jason said...

I'm sorry to hear that...

Baby Princess said...

sis,

my deepest condolences to you and your family. be strong. it's good that you understand she does not need to suffer the pain anymore.

btw, my friend's mom passed away too... in malacca as well..

:(

New Kid on the Blog said...

I guess am pretty late to this piece of post. However, my deepest condelances to you & your family.

I've been thru such situation where my beloved grandma passed away.

It took me some time to get back to normal life.