Monday, July 23, 2007

Durian Feast @ Ss2

Oh my god, last weekend was just too short, too short for me! I don't think that I had enough of rest, I don't think that I had enough of sleep but I seriously think that I had too much of FOOD that darling now is a little bit worry as both of us gain a lot of weight, mostly fat! O_o

One question, do you like Durians? If yes, you will be truly happy as it's Durian season again! I remember that dad frequently bought them home when I was still a kid hence I used to love them very much, just so automatically! Those days, when we smelled Durians, sis and I would be really happy and we would immediately helped dad to carry da Durians out from his car. We usually had them right after dinner, as dessert and had it right in da living room. It was really fun for us as we would place da old newspapers on da floor, then da Durians in da middle and four of us (dad, mom, sis and I) would sit in a circle. Dad would be da one to open each Durians while we watched and savour da king of fruits! :D

As time goes by and rumours had it all from my cousins saying that Durians are fattening and unhealthy, I decided to quit eating them at da age of 18 but not my parents though, they continued to buy and eat till at a point where they realised that for health reasons, they shouldn't consume not even one "biji" of Durians. For years that we had stopped having this god of fruits, finally, we made a return last Saturday!

We passed by Ss2 while we were on our home from aunty's place and mom saw this Durian stall, asked if we wanna have some Durians. I told her no but my fiance said yes :| So, in that scenario it was 2 against 1, both of them won and we dropped by. I tell ya, this stall is cool, it has a dot com website, (www.DurianSS2.com)! Feel free to check them out ;) Oh by da way, I didn't know that da king of fruits has now been honored with names like "Udang Merah" and such O_o Unlike da olden days, we called da good ones Durian "Kampung". Here, they sell many types of Durians mainly from D2 to "Raja Kunyit" with da price ranged from RM 10 per kg to RM 18 per kg if I am not mistaken. I don't know if that's consider expensive but as far as I concern, I found out that most of them cost at least RM 15 per Durian.

At first, we thought that 1 Durian was more than enough as I told them that I had no interest with da Durians but in da end, I gave up cause da smell and da good looking ones, they were so irresistible and unbelievably, 3 of us ended up having 3 "Raja Kunyit" Durian which costs about RM 25 per Durian. True enough, costs a bomb but I tell ya, da flesh were so creamy, so thick and da smell, oh.... so indescribable! I think nobody would ever understand how I felt at that time cause it had been 8 years and believe it or not, it was my first time having Durians with my other half. So, it was all good and seriously, I think that da Durians really come at a high price but it's all worthy :D

P/S: Da service is very good here as you get free flow of mineral water and if you are unhappy with da taste and texture of da Durians, you can ask them to change for you at no extra cost! ;)

19 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I was craving for durians all weekend, but had to control myself coz i have the flu. The moment i get better, am gonna go out for durians. hehe.

Thanks for the website. Will check it out.

Xiu Long Bao said...

LOL at u surrender to yummy durians! Fat content of durians are high but we only get to eat it for like once a year, so just give the yellowish plumpy flesh a go!

sc said...

i prefer to buy durians from another small shack on the way to Seapark (frm SS2). tried at this stall and that shack, shack serves better durians.. try there next time meiyen :)

myCoffee said...

Durians are the love of my life! Once I start, I won't be able to stop. I probably gain weight every durian season but like some say, "eat first, think later". ;)

wmw said...

Awaiting the durian party....Zzzzz....Zzzz...

Jun said...

"do u like durians?"

hell yeah! ^_^

Kok said...

meiyen,
You can eat durians once in a while and not too much. I don't think it'll harm your health though.

I want that durian seriously! Post 3 biji here to Perth, please. Thank you!:P

Cat Cat said...

I love durian that has a little bitter taste to it.. Unfortunately, all I can get here is the frozen durian..

Cat Cat said...

Oh, if you wanted to see how the frozen durian looks like, go to

http://cathlooi.blogspot.com/2007/06/your-favourite-fruit.html

Rasa Malaysia said...

Haven't had durians for a looooong time...I miss them. :(

team bsg said...

the writer's best durian Xperience was on the old road up to cameron highlands where each sharp oval shaped most smelly gorgeous durians sold by the original attentive honest orang aslis in cool natural divine surroundings was going for under RM3 each ! So u can imagine how much I had ! made up my mine then and still today that orang asli durians are best but those branded in SS2 ,D24 etc are not bad too except for the price. Bentong ones also excellent as are Ckt Jering ones near Taiping

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah from not eating to 1 person 1 durian..but thats the way..if u sin..might as well sin to the max!

down with lots of ulcers..need to rest..no durian..no durian..psycoing myself..

MeiyeN said...

lemongrass, hope you get better and have a durian feast! :D

xiulongbao, yeah... just for once! and it's all worthy :D

sc, thanks for telling me! will definitely try to hunt that small shack you mentioned! ;)

mycoffee, lol.. same here, once have it... i start to crave for it.. :p

wmw, good time to have da durian party now! any idea when?

jun, haha.. great to hear that! have more since it's durian season now! :D

kok, elderly says that durians are "poisonous" :p i wish to post to you but i think it will be confiscated da moment da durians reach da airport lol...

catcat, hmmmm but better than none at all right? hehehehe

rasamalaysia, any chances that you can get it in da supermarket?

MeiyeN said...

teambsg, oh yeah.. da "kampung" type! i love those.. :d

MeiyeN said...

joe, couldn't resist da temptation! drink lotsa water and get well soon yah!

Kok said...

meiyen,
Poisonous meh? Hmm... I should ask my grandpa next time. He's a durian lover. haha!

Hahaha! True also hor. I don't think it'll ever reach here if you post. :P

Jackson said...

alamak... i wan durians!!

kennynah said...

everyone is talking about this ss2....and i get to see this from singaopore...

man, i gotta get to ss2...seems superb durians they serve, judging from just about every blog that describes them....

yummy....durian....ooohhhmmmmmm.....

kennynah said...

gotta get to ss2 man...and i am from singapore... sounds like like it'll be a worthwhile trip to KL just for these durians... :)