Friday, July 20, 2007

Penang: First Day Dinner @ Long Beach, Batu Feringghi

Remember that we had our first taste of Penang food at Global Bay? As mentioned, it was all good! Came night time, I actually wanted to have BBQ Dinner at Golden Sands Resort but darling suggested to walk out from da Resort and search for Food instead. Okay, no problem for me and we walked further up along da Batu Feringghi road and to our surprised, we found another hawker center by da name of Long Beach! Oh... lucky us and we were extremely happy cause there were quite number of stalls operating where we could freely order food like Noodles, Rice, Satay, Grilled Seafood and etc.

While I looked for seats, darling survey da stalls and place order on his own. I didn't really bother what he would order cause I always trust him that he surely know what to order for me to eat! After placing his order, he seated and told me that, "I order something really nice for you to eat!"

Tadaaaa..... it was da Oyster Omelette! I was so excited and overjoyed cause very seldom that I had da chance to savour food like this. Boy oh boy, it was so good! Da Oysters were so huge and juicy. Dip da Oyster Omelette in Chili sauce.... boy oh boy, so syiok, so yummmmmmmmy! Darling couldn't stop laughing and smiling cause I kept repeating, "Oh my god, so yummy, so delicious!" :D

Darling also ordered few sticks of "Satay". As you can see, there are two types here; Chicken for me and Beef for darling. Not bad, da Chunks of meat were pretty tender and best of all, no fat strips! :D

We also had Grilled Fish, a Red Snapper. Naturally low in fat, it was deliciously grilled! Yummzzz....

Darling know that I love Noodles so he ordered Hot Plate "YeeMee" for me which I find da noodles tasteless and soggy, very disappointed with it though :(

After dinner, we walked up and down along da Feringghi night market, really happening! There were wide variety of Souvenirs, Trinkets, T-shirts and such. I remember that both of us only spent about RM 50 for food and at da night market too where we managed to get tons of Key-chains and Fridge magnets for our relatives, so cool! :D

10 comments:

wmw said...

Can't wait to go Penang again...

Kok said...

meiyen,
The satay, the ikan bakar!!! Arghhh... I'll have to wait for few more months before I can taste those two dishes!

Cat Cat said...

Oyster omellete is one of my favourite beside the raw and oven-fried.

Yum - those satay looks delicious.

team bsg said...

yr dalin can order so well and matching also ah ? We could feel yr big smile in long( but no ) beach !

Big Boys Oven said...

I am ready to go to penang as I am holding a book, entitled "have penang will eat". Penang what for me, here I come. hahahah,....

teckiee said...

wahh that oyster so huge! I can just imagine the juices squirting out into the mouth when u bite it.

MeiyeN said...

wmw, i am hoping to return to da pearl of orient soon too! :D

kok, nevermind.. am sure it worth da wait... and make sure you have lotsa them! ;)

catcat, oh yes... there were really yummy!!!!!! :D

teambsg, lol.. he's always good ordering yummy food for me ;)

bigboysoven, hope that you gonna have lotsa fun there, eat till you drop! :p

teckiee, exactly! :D

Xiu Long Bao said...

The oyster omelette looks really good. Ouch! I bit my comp screen again :P

tankiasu said...

Yea this place doesn't really offer you alot of nice authentic Penang food. But it is a cheap alternative to other restaurants in Batu Ferringhi though. :)

Precious Pea said...

Oyster Omelette look so yummy...oyster so big. Yumm...me wanna go Penang now.