Monday, August 13, 2007

Friday Dinner @ California Pizza Kitchen, KLCC

Did you have a good weekend? For sure, I had a great one... mostly eat, sleep and shop! Too bad that it was short, I had no enough of fun and it's time to be back to this hectic work life, how sad :( On Friday night, we drove down to KLCC to meet fiance's friends for dinner. Our initial plan was to eat at Chilis but how pathetic it was to find out that we got to wait for at least an hour, that waiting list showed that there were like more than 20 names on top of ours! I guess, by then we all would be starved to death and trust me, we weren't that silly to stand there and wait for our turn. There are many more eateries and restaurants operating at KLCC and we decided to walk down, gave California Pizza Kitchen a try :)

First Pizza we had was a 10" Chipotle Chicken (RM 27.90) which was chosen by Wen Ching. It was one hot and spicy Pizza with Chicken. Oh, da meat was rather tender but there weren't many of them. Da Pizza, topped with generous amount of roasted Corn and Black Bean definitely has my vote, especially with Salsa and Lime Cream Sauce, so yummy!

Next one was a California Club Pizza (RM 29.90). Not too sure who chose this flavour but I guess my fiance was da culprit. It was more like a Salad Pizza cause this Turkey Bacon with grilled Chicken and Mozarella Cheese flat baked dough was topped with tons of chilled Lettuce, Tomatoes and fresh sliced Avocados. I find it very healthy though...

Besides Pizzas, we shared a plate of Kung-Pao Chicken Spaghetti. I don't quite remember how much it costs, around RM 25 if am not mistaken. I must confess that I absolutely heart this spicy and hot Pasta. Big portion, with lotsa roasted Peanuts, delicious!

Food, all good for us but service was superbly slow and real bad! Before I forget, drinks like Ice Lemon Tea, Pepsi and 7-Up are bottomless but like I said, service wasn't too good and there weren't many glasses of drinks that we could refill. We got to wave and shout (almost) just to have our drinks to be refilled. Please don't order Ice Lemon Tea, it tasted weird... like Syrup Water only. We had good fun that night, it was nice meeting Wen Ching, E-Foong and Yee Chee (? correct or not?) for da very first time. I had a good laugh with you boys that night especially during da "Borat" talks, darn funny and I hope that you (E-Foong) feel much better now though I don't really know what happened to you that night that you looked real down and unhappy. Cheers yah! ;)

Other reviews:-

16 comments:

ling239 said...

i remember they use lots of chicken chunks/cubes (made from chicken breast) on their pizzas... not any more ? hmm......

Jason aka Azzuro Hyperion said...

Came here many years ago with my lecturer and classmates but their pizza doesn't taste any better than PH. But the weird thing was we saw the waiters all wearing high heels! That made us wonder whether they're guy or girl... :p

Big Boys Oven said...

They got really tasty pasta dish.

Low said...

I was at Chillis as early as 4pm on that day....and i only managed to get to sit at the bar coz my darling don't want to wait....have u tried their dessert, tiramisu at California Pizza, its quite nice :)

SypruxWindchaser said...

his name is supposed to be spelt as yit shie. ^^
and i'm terribly sorry for ruining your night with my rather sombre mood. had been troubled by a certain issue. as a result, didnt get to strike up a conversation with u :(
dunno if i'll get such a chance again. x_x

Cat Cat said...

Aaaa, Kung Pau Chicken Spaghetti.. Never heard of it before. Sure taste good.

Kok said...

meiyen,
We have Chilliz here in Perth! Hahaha! But definitely not the same restaurant that you talk about. The Chilliz here has the cheapest food in the whole Australia. I should blog bout it. :P

Cutie said...

Hmm.. I only tried their pizza once. It's kinda nice. Maybe I should try more of the food there. Was it really worth it?

Cutie said...

Hmm.. I only tried their pizza once. It's kinda nice. Maybe I should try more of the food there. Was it really worth it?

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Haha, yeah it's Yit Shie. But no worries, dun think he's much into the blog visiting interest.
I agree that d service was bad that nite, tho maybe it's cause it's a Fri nite and ppl can't wait to eat out plus it's KLCC.
V tried not to go too 'Borat'-y, but Yit Shie does such good Borat voice impersonations that it's hard not to carry on. :p
Nice pix u took. :) Tho a pity v din take a group pic.

MeiyeN said...

ling239, oh really? ours was okay only, not many though.. maybe it's rather different on a friday night? staffs seemed to be really busy!

jason, O_o can't taste any better than ph? hmmm... i definitely think they are way better than ph :p maybe you should give them a try again!

bigboysoven, oh yes... loved that "kung pao" style so muchie!!! yum yum...

low, unfortunately that almost all da desserts @ california pizza were labeled with "out of stock"!!! :(

sypruxwindchaser, oh me gosh... that's such a big mistake i made! :p will edit his name later :) no worries, everything gonna be fine :) be happy yeah.. and there's no reason for me to tell you that last friday was da first and last meet up session okay ;) you just have to make appointment with uncle bob yah... :D

catcat, more like chinese-american style pasta... delicious! do try it....

kok, cheapest? that's cool.. i shall wait for you to blog them out! :D

cutie, go with a group of friends more worthy cause their pizzas darn huge! also, very big portion on da pastas :)

obi-kwan, oh yeah... it was freaking packed that night @ klcc! muahahahahaha... he really talks like one.. amazing! he must have watched that show many times? actually, i wanted to take you boys picture but.... a bit shy to do that.. nevermind, next time k? maybe we can meet up again before you flying off to manchester?

Nawooz said...

Went there with my ex years ago. My sis used to study in CENFAD and highly recommended it.

I was sorely disappointed with the food and also service (didn't change much from what you've blogged). We were given a table right under spotlights and practically blinded. Not to mention utterly un-romantic. I decided to ask the waiter if we could change tables. There were many empty, mind you.

The waiter was very rude and replied, "Why ah?". I could have just got up and sat at another table had I want to. It's my right as a customer. And there were definitely no reservations for the empty tables. I blacklisted the place and I'm glad to see why even after all these years.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Sure thing Optimus!
Flight is on 12th Sept midnite, which they consider as 13th Sept since it's past midnite.
I'll make an appointment with SpongeBob and he'll do the necessary since he is MY's secretary. :p Hahaha.
YS must've watched the movie many times over til he can memorize each and every line!
I dun think i can stomach so much of Borat's jokes. Watch once or twice is more than enuf. Hehe.

MeiyeN said...

nawooz, sounds really bad! so sorry to hear that... :| oh well, no deny da service was real bad on that day we were there.. perhaps they had no enough staffs as da place was fully occupied, i remember right after we seated, there were many more customers coming in but no tables for them and they waited quite some time... think they should really do something about their service.. food wise, no complains though :)

obi-kwan, he told you he's my secretary? muahahahaha... i wish, i wish! more like i am his secretary and he's da director of my blog.. lol :p oh well, i remember watching a part in Borat, rather disgusting... da naked part.... tell ya.... no apetite right after that... :p oh yeah.. 1 more month to go.... maybe we should opt to go for a buffet?

tankiasu said...

They used to be my fav pizza joint before I went to Australia, as their pizzas are a league above other pizza franchises here in Msia.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Haha, cause for this KLCC outing he had to confirm with u 1st and check both of ur schedules, reminds me of a secretary's job. :p
The naked part was the most mindless and amusing part. Actually i was only interested in watching Borat after Sacha Baron Cohen's Emmy Awards acceptance speech. He was talking about that hotel scene. LoL.
Buffet! erm... wherez a good place?