Friday, August 24, 2007

Nyonya Cendol @ Jonker Street, Malacca

I was at Malacca and as usual, had lunch at my favourite Chicken Rice shop, Hoe Kee. Not going to review it since I have blogged about Hoe Kee last January. Everything da same, as good as before but we had no luck cause da Assam Fish and Black Bean Soup were all sold out :( Da owner told me that it was school holiday now so business has been tremendously good, glad to hear that! Whilst I was enjoying my lunch, I saw kids running and hoping around with drinks which looked really familiar to me. I was curious and asked mom what drinks that they were holding and mom told me it was Cendol. Mom warned me not to even think of trying that drink cause she knows my tummy couldn't afford drinks with Coconut Milk but I refused to listen and so, we walked out and I found this famous authentic Nyonya Cendol Stall located right in front Hoe Kee! Oh man, so irresistible! I peeped over while mom and sis walked down da street, slowly and slowly looking back da stall, in da end, decided to get nearer...

Woo..... this stall is real famous! Chinese newspaper, English newspaper, Magazines... had it all!

Da person behind this famous Nyonya Cendol stall :)

Seems like it's easy to prepare this traditional Nyonya drink....

Oh.... not bad, nice setting inside!

So, for RM 2.50, this's what you get! Jade-green Cendol that is absolutely creamy, with aromatic palm sugar syrup, topped with mashed Red Bean and thick Coconut Milk, yummy!

* Mom was right, my tummy wasn't feeling well, really upset right after 20 minutes but but... it's all worthy! :p

17 comments:

Christy said...

Oooooo...I have the same predicament with milky, creamy and coconut milk too:p
And people used to think I am weird...haha...

Nice to meet you MeiYeN :)

Big Boys Oven said...

Such lovely cendol!!! Where had my green babies gone to? lol

KampungboyCitygal said...

aikz..u shud have listen to ur mum..glutton!! haha

Precious Pea said...

I was there too during my Melaka Makan trip but i was early, guess the santan still fresh. But the 2nd visit i went at nite...after having it, tummy upset.

MeiyeN said...

christy, nice meeting you too! you have so many blogs under your profile :D

bigboysoven, oooo you called that as green babies... :p

citygal, yeah.... should have but like you said, am too "wai sik" ekekekeke and it was real bad, i lost count how many times i went to da loo right after that :|

preciospea, i think we gals gets an upset tummy easily especially when it comes to milk? and worst is.. with coconut milk :p

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

why do i have the sudden urge to go out and get some cendol?? LOL.

Jackson said...

oohhhh...so good! I wan to go..

Cutie said...

Yummy!!! Wanna go melaka d... Did u try the mille crepe?

Cutie said...

Yummy!!! Wanna go melaka d... Did u try the mille crepe?

tankiasu said...

Kekeke..me also sensitive to coconut milk. :P But never stop me from having my fav cendol!!

teckiee said...

so sad. me and my friends talk talk talk about going to melaka but never happens

ipohwav3 said...

Sensitive to coconut milk? Then are you sensitive to coconut juice too?

Kok said...

meiyen,
I don't like my chendol with coconut milk. Usually have it with evaporated milk. But I can see it came with generous amount of chendol hor?

team bsg said...

nyonya cendul has too much santan right ? we certainly think so

Xiu Long Bao said...

i will still go for the chendol even if it makes me sick or upset or watever!

Amidrin said...

Hey, I went to that stall cendol stall before when I was visiting Melaka 6 months ago. Yup, they stall is really famous. Yummy, nice cendol. REally irresistable.... I bought 2 cups that time and lucky me, I can finish all and no tummy upset ;P

MeiyeN said...

lemongrass, i hope you managed to savour one! :D

jackson, oh.... go, go, go! :D

cutie, nope.. i didn't! no time to drop by :( maybe next time since i travel to malacca quite often :)

tankiasu, oh you too???!!!!! i think coconut milk has a great side effect to our tummy :p

teckiee, maybe da floggers can organize one day malacca trip? :)

ipohwav3, surprisingly nope and i love coconut drinks! :D

kok, with evaporated milk? that can be done? cool.. maybe next time i should ask if they can use evaporated milk for my cendol! :D

teambsg, yeah....very high cholesterol too :p

xiulongbao, wow... truly a glutton! :p

amidrin, glad to hear that! wow.. can wallop 2 cups? that's real cool :D