Tuesday, August 07, 2007

On Memory and Reminiscene @ Wong Kok Char Chan Teng, Ss2

Last Saturday, darling got to bring his car to fix as he was involved in a small accident da day before and we decided to meet up at Ss2 for lunch since I need to pick him up right after he sent his car to da workshop. While on my way to Ss2, darling called and said to meet up at Wong Kok Char Chan Teng. Da minute he said that, my memory was pumped with pure love and then I had a sweet flashback :) I remember that 4 years ago while we were still friends, there was a night we met up for dinner for da very first time after 2 years of not contacting each other and he was there like, an hour earlier just to wait for me and da moment I arrived, he gave me a very warm smile, gentlemanly pulled out da chair for me to sit (da first thing that attracted me to him). How sweet he was...... and he's still one, a gentleman through and through, never ceased to amaze me! Tell me about it, honestly speaking, I no longer see guys doing that for their sweetie pie anymore. Are you one of them? ;)

Darling reached first and da moment I saw him, da feeling was so different. My heart was pumping really fast and believe it or not, I was so shy and blushed when he smiled at me :p I couldn't believe that after 3 years being together with him, we could still have this kind of "falling in love" moment towards each other :)

For drinks, darling had Iced Milk Tea while I had Ginger Lime Juice since I felt pretty bloated that afternoon. Da Ginger Lime was pretty tasteless but it was good enough to help unwind my whole body and it gave me one kind of hot sensation towards da end of my meal which I liked it :D

For mains, darling went for Roasted Honey Spare Ribs Shanghai Vege Rice. Looks really delicious and according to my other half, it was not bad and it came in a very big portion!

Da usual me when having meals at Hong Kong eateries, Nissin Noodle with Fried Egg and Luncheon Meat. Loved da sunny-side up Egg but not da Luncheon Meat as I prefers them to be pan-fried first.

Besides Rice and Noodles, we also had French/West Toast. Really yummy..... loved da Peanut Butter flavour so much, so creamy and so butter-licious! :p

Overall, one good lunch we had and this place seriously brought back one sweet memory to both of us :) Da lunch costs us about RM 30 only, affordable right? :)

Other review:-

19 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

They sure look nice and affordable. A lot of people flogging to this place. But I was very upset with the other outlet at one utama old wing, as we were dining at 9pm and they started sweeping and mopping the floor while were eating. We were shocked for our life!

tankiasu said...

Aww..how sweet. Like falling in love with each other over and over again! :-) What's the name of the movie starred by Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler?!? (no not The Wedding Singer)

babe_kl said...

aww its always nice to have flash back of good memories ;-)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

It's a nice feeling to be in love, isn't it? :-)

The french toast looks really yummy. Wish I could have some now!

Coketai said...

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Not the food but the love story! Ha ! Ha!

LY.Tai

kath said...

Awwww... So schweeettt.. I know how you feel mei yen.. =) My sayang still opens the car door for me and he still offers me his food when it comes earlier than mine.. Arent they gems? heeheehee...

MeiyeN said...

bigboysoven, sorry to hear that! that's definitely no right for them to do so... like shooing off da customers...anyways, it looks like this place is so popular for friends and family to gather as from my observation.

tankiasu, ermm not too sure.. da recent one that i watched was music & lyrics where she paired with hugh grant lol :)

babe_kl, yeah...:D

lemongrass, yeah.. especially with da same person again and again :D and yes, da toast is sinfully yummz.. you got to try it ;)

coketai, lol...

kath, oh yes.... precious, precious! :D

team bsg said...

when u r ready , we have to meet here to start taking sentimental notes of the beginning of the turning wheel, got which producer ah to start this project ?
u want to act yourself or not ?
( hahaha , one of us must be the hero ok )

Xiu Long Bao said...

How sweet is ur darling!!! Nope, csb nvr pull the chair for me. His focus is only food, food & food.

tankiasu:
the movie is called 50 first date. A very sweet movie.

kath said...

tankiasu, the movie is 50 First Dates =)

Jason said...

Yo, that's so sweet!

MeiyeN said...

teambsg, lol.... i am not good in acting though :p

xiulongbao, nvm on that... as long as he loves you and treats you good! :D
oh yeah..... that movie, now i remember.... loved 50 first dates alot and it was in da cinema like 4-5 years ago right?

jason, :D

Kok said...

meiyen,
You and your finance, so sweet lah! Somemore, still falling in love leh...:P

Wow, the french/west toast, I can feel how nice it is. Top up a bit of honey...wahhh..nice!

Cutie said...

Oh, so sweet. How nice? But to be honest, no matter how sweet my boyfriend is, he never pull the chair for me. Hmm, now i'm jealous. How lucky you are to find such a wonderful man.

Cutie said...

Oh, so sweet. How nice? But to be honest, no matter how sweet my boyfriend is, he never pull the chair for me. Hmm, now i'm jealous. How lucky you are to find such a wonderful man.

KampungboyCitygal said...

yeah..50 first date! every date is a first date for them, and im sure that its for u too..sooo sweet..cant wait to see how blissful r u on ur wedding day

MeiyeN said...

kok, i didn't know it could happen lol and yes, da toast was real nice....loved it! :D

cutie, don't say like that...i am sure your boyfriend is sweet in his way...:)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so sweet...too bad the restaurant for me is all the way in adelaide..

wmw said...

"Oh....my love, my darling...., I hunger for ....the toast..." Hee hee...