Friday, August 17, 2007

Shabu Shabu Restaurant @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

Thank god it's Friday! It's been a busy week for me and am so delighted that weekend is finally here! Tomorrow will be another busy day, me guess me gonna have lotsa fun tomorrow as am going to meet up with my fellow ex-college buddies for dinner and right after that, we will be heading to Putrajaya for da Malaysia International Fireworks Competition (MIFC). Yippee!!!

Fiance's parents recommended us to try this Restaurant, Shabu Shabu (Japanese Style Steamboat) a week back and decided to give them a try last Sunday. Located at Bandar Puteri Puchong, near to Giant Supermarket and same row as Citibank, trust me, there is no way you will miss out this eatery :) We were told by darling's parents that we could opt to have da Steamboat ala-carte way or go for da buffet spread. We reached at 6pm+ and to our surprised, da place was already fully packed with diners and mainly, they were all waiting for seats. My gosh, good business!

Da specialty of this place is that, each diner gets their own individual small steamboat pot, that's really hygiene and believe it or not, it was our first time having steamboat that way ;) It was fun playing with da "fire" button, want it high or low, it's all up to you! :D

We were pretty hungry that night, hence we went for da Buffet spread which is priced at RM 25 per pax. Goodie, no extra ++ charges okay! We seated upstairs cause downstairs is special cater for those who wants to order their Steamboat ala-carte way and it's pretty amazing to know that they aren't expensive. From my observation, I found out that most of their items are priced as low as RM 1 per plate, for example, RM 1 for 1 plate of 4 Fish Balls, good deal!

As you can see, all da items are ready to be taken from da belt and look at da crowd, da whole place was fully occupied!

Paying RM 25, you can have all these items...

Flip da menu and you can have these too.... zoom in da picture to have a clearer view!

This Sauce is heavenly yummy, I suspect there's a mixture of Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce topped with chopped Spring Onion and fried Shallots :)

Chili Sauce was okay, not too spicy and I think if it's spicier, it would be much better! :p

Ermm... sorry that I didn't take many pictures of da items we had that night cause I was too busy eating. Don't be disappointed, I still managed to capture a few though...

Thin Sliced Pork, yummy..... think darling and I had more than 2 plates!

Fresh Prawns, we had a lot of them... more than 10 pcs for sure :p

White Squid, bouncy....

Da Lamb, absolutely our favourite! So fresh and so tender, delicious!

Exotic huh? Yeaps, Chicken Heart! First time having it, and I am loving it... :p

Folks, you got to try this place. Highly recommended and trust me, you won't regret especially if you loves Steamboat. Affordable, hygiene, fresh, more than 50 items that they serve, almost everything that you wish for in a Steamboat meal :) Try it and be there early to avoid disappointment!

14 comments:

tankiasu said...

Wow, sounds too good to be true. I've tried the Shabu shabu King in SS2. RM20 per pax but sucks big time! Grrr...

KampungboyCitygal said...

i love the sauce too, theres 2 of them around bandar puteri puchong itself..one is ala carte another one is buffet

Cute Little Piggy said...

RM25 include drinks ahh

Big Boys Oven said...

hahahah tankiasu.... I think meiyen should be good, well i might drop by for dinner if not will head to tak fook for seafood at this area.

Precious Pea said...

I was there last month for family gathering (Hubby's side) cos this place is run by his cousin. In terms of hygiene, this place is good cos nobody share the water with you. Hehehe...which I was quite delighted. I cannot stand people putting in chopstick to wash in the pot of boiling water...eeeew..hehe.

MeiyeN said...

tankiasu, oh that's so true...da steamboat @ ss2 shabu shabu not fresh .. mostly frozen!

citygal, yeah... remember i asked da direction from you going to mizi a couple of months back? i think this maybe better... try it out and let me know yah..:)

cutelittlepiggy, yeaps! :)

bigboysoven, "tak fook" i think they have a branch @ kepong as i saw da gigantic signboard with crabs somewhere near ldp traffic light (kepong)?

preciouspea, oh really?!!!!! tell your hubby's cousin that am truly satisfied with da food there.. :)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

cool stuff...sushi bar steamboat..thats kinda cool man..

Amidrin said...

Hi there. I really love eating Japanese type food. And I love your blog. Very informative and nicely posted. Keep up the good work! I've also added your blog into my reading blog list.

Do come visit my blog at http://amidrin.blogspot.com/ when you are free ;P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hey..how did u find the fireworks..damn cool rite?

Jackson said...

ooo... i passed by this shop a week ago but its 940pm. TOo late for buffet... definitely wanna try out one day!

J said...

mmm...
Looks good!
:)
... but I am so scared of that area in Puchong... The last time I was there it was super jammed and so difficult to find parking...

Still, if the food is good then it's worth the trouble, right?

Kok said...

meiyen,
With so much varieties, I bet it must be good. How's the soup? Is it good?

MeiyeN said...

joe, oh yeah....! :D

amidrin, hi!!! it's nice to see you here and thanks for dropping by! i shall check out yours pretty soon! :D

jackson, give them a try and see if you like their steamboat :)

j, true enough.. it's quite jam as da road is currently under construction..

kok, da soup would be very flavourful when you adds in lotsa ingredients inside ;)

Cute Little Piggy said...

mei yen i tried with 2 weeks ago. wow the pork is superb nice 1 had 4 plate ahahha