Thursday, September 13, 2007

Delicious & Good Looking Japanese Food @ Umai-ya, Damansara Perdana

Having heard and read so much about Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant, darling and I finally get to try this place on a hot Saturday afternoon. Apparently, we were scouting for a new place to eat around Damansara Perdana and when darling saw Umai-ya, he got so excited! Only then that I remember we had yet to come by here and missed out this place for such a long time. It's definitely not hard to find this small, yet cozy Japanese Restaurant as it's located at da same row with K3k Kopitiam. If you manage to spot K3k Kopitiam, you know you have found Umai-ya.

I am pretty impressed with their inner settings. Da occupancy of this Japanese Restaurant is not big but amazingly, da whole space is well used up, furnished and decorated. Look at da Chandalier, it's beautiful! I like it ;)

We started our day with a bowl of fresh and delicious Seafood Salad. I must confess that it's definitely one great appetizer to whet our appetite. Priced at RM 16, I find it pretty affordable as da serving is huge, da Salad sauce is special, not da usual and normal ones, we find da sauce here finger licking good and considering da amount of fresh Seafood like Salmon, Tuna, Octopus, Prawn that were served, it's a must order item ;)

Next, we had Tekka Maki (RM 7). This rolled Sushi with centers consisting of Red Tuna got its own fame. I thought just by looking how perfectly and beautifully it's served was more than enough but no, not only that it's good looking but it's amazingly delicious! Da color of da Red Tuna shows that da meat were superbly fresh and what really excite me were da usage of Bonito Flakes in between da Rice and Meat, truly felt like a taste of heaven!

Am a noodle person and believe it or not, I have never failed to order any kind of noodles whenever I am dining in a Japanese Restaurant. This time, I found a rather simple yet complicated looking Nabe Yaki Ramen. Apparently, it's Nabe Yaki Udon that listed in da menu but my tummy gave me an unusual signal, "I just want to be fed with Ramen and not Udon!" Alright, be patience. Darling asked for me if it was possible for da Udon to be changed and da staff said, "Yes, no problem!" Yoohoo..... and for da priced of RM 24, (I know a little bit expensive) it's served in a piping hot claypot (so Chinese-style). As I said, simply simple with topping like Poached Egg, Shrimp Tempura and Green Vege. I mean, I did expect a beautiful looking Ramen from them since their presentation was so fascinating earlier but it wasn't so I was slightly disappointed. However disappointed, there was a sudden change! Da moment I used my spoon to scoop out da Ramen, I found treasure! :D Hahahaha... lotsa goodies trapped underneath, like Enoki Mushrooms, Seafood and such. Without waiting any longer, I had my first tastes of it and find everything in my pot so flavourful and yummy, especially da Ramen, da texture of da Ramen so good, so springy, so soft and most importantly, it was not over-cooked! :D Thumbs up ;)



Whilst I had Ramen, darling ordered a Bento set. To be precise, it was Sashimi Bento set (RM 38) that he had and for your information, it's not listed in da menu, you got to ask them "tailor-made" for you. Kidding, just ask for Sashimi Bento and they will serve you happily! :) I don't think that I need to further explain how yummy this Bento set, I assumed that da above pictures speak a thousand words. Fresh Sashimi with yummy-looking Salmon Roe (Ikura) as topping, what else could you ask for? ;)

Our lunch was ended with a plate of Shisamo (RM 13). My oh my, I just love da way they present everything to us (except da Ramen), nice artwork! Obviously, Shisamo is always my favourite and I called it as "Pregnant Fish". Nicely grilled and seasoned, it's absolutely tasty! :)

Overall, we were very satisfied with da food here and service was very good too. Staffs here pretty attentive to our needs, kind and gentle in a way, truly pleased with them :) If you heart Japanese food, try this place. It's worth every single cents that you gonna pay :)

Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant
G-3A, The Place
Jalan PJU 8/5D
Bandar Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-77290015

Other reviews:-

23 comments:

KampungboyCitygal said...

gosh..all the food for 2 of u? that's quite a lot leh..and u manage to stay slim ><

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

im still clueless where this is..near the curve that area isnt?..

Christy said...

Ooo...this Japanese food looks nice:)
Probably should try it when I am back in KL:D

MeiyeN said...

citygal, haha... big eaters! furthermore da food here really good.. can't find a reason not to order more and taste it :p

joe, yeaps.. but you don't turn in to the curve.. opposite citibank that shops lot :)

christy, hope you gonna love da food here yah.. and let me know what you think ;)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Everything looks gorgeous!! It's nice that they take pride in their presentation as well as the quality of the food.

Now you got me craving for japanese. Sigh.....

Jackson said...

i just drove pass this place this afternoon.... hehe

J said...

Ah!
You have tried out my favourite Jap restaurant!

So happy to see that you enjoyed the food there too... Maybe next time I'll bump into you there....
:)

Primrose said...

Gosh I simply love japanese food esp raw salmon, salmon roe, pregnant fish and eel! Until of course I was alerted of cholesterol. Salmon roe very high in it but I simply looovvvee it. :)

ai wei said...

this place seems great! i think i know where is it. hehe~
love the shisyamo i had in rakuzen. really tasty! ^^
think i should give myself a try in Umai-ya

MeiyeN said...

lemongrass, not only that da food here is yummy but very much impressed with their decoration and presentation of food too! so did you have any jap food ytday? ;)

jackson, really? go try it someday yah...

j, yes!!!! :D and if that happens... we shall sit together ekekeke..

primrose, oh no.. didn't know that da salmon roe is very high in cholesterol! looks like i must warn my fiance now...

aiwei, yup... go try it yah! ;)

Jason said...

Was stumbled upon it few months ago as my friend withdrew money nearby there. Even the setting outside is very cosy.

Big Boys Oven said...

food looks so delicously

wenching & esiong said...

wow, another good japanese restaurant that i can try out 1 day. the seafood salad looks good. thanks for introducing! :)

~Christine~Leng said...

I shall try this place! I see sashimis! Love them.. and heavenly tasty Ramen? worth a try. Saw this place when I'm in K3K :)

Kok said...

meiyen,
They really have good presentation for their food. I like the Sashimi Bento!:P

MamaBoK said...

Yummy..!! so envy you .. MY..!! when i come home.. i must look for you as makan kaki ya..!

MeiyeN said...

jason, nice place right? :)

bigboysoven, that's for sure...! :D

wenching&esiong, no problem.. i shall wait for your review then ;)

christine, let me know what ya think about da food here okay? :)

kok, yeah.. very attractive looking, lol...

mamabok, no problem.. am waiting for you to be home! :D

teckiee said...

wahhh the fish eggs on the bento... damn cool! can see the red dot on top.. super clear

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

I'll be leaving for UK in lil more than a week's time.
That Jap restaurant has really good presentation.

Pamela said...

just a note to pop by say Hi. wahhh Jap food... mmmm..

MeiyeN said...

teckiee, haha... yes so crystal clear!

obi-kwan, really? to which uni?

pamela, hey....how are you doing?

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

University of Warwick, Coventry.
MSc in Information Systems and Management.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Actually, yeah, I did have japanese food after I saw your post. haha. How to resist, u tell me!