Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sweet Treats @ Marmalade Cafe, Bangsar Village II

I am a happy gal today, Wednesday it's! Going to watch Black Sheep tonight, heard that it's a gross movie! Has anyone of you seen this movie? No, don't let me know how good or how bad it's until tomorrow okay? :D

Since am feeling happy and joyful today, I thought it's a good idea to share out my favourite sweet treats from Marmalade Cafe. I know that they have another outlet in Mont Kiara but shamefully to say that I have never been there, only da outlet in Bangsar Village II. Our first visit to Marmalade was good and that give us reason to re-visit this place over and over again :)

They have da best Carrot Cake I have ever tasted. Priced at RM 9 per piece, it's huge in size! Seriously, it's absolutely good. I love da texture of this Carrot Cake, moistful and dense while having generous amount of multiple Seeds topped with Cream Cheese Frosting with dried shredded Appricots, awwwwwww so fiber-licious and yummy okay!!!

Da Carrot Cake, surprisingly goes well with da Honey Lemon Tea that I ordered. Though it's no cheap, RM 9 for da above tea, I somehow find it really soothing for my throat and it definitely works as a good natural detoxifier ;)

On a separate occasion, we also tried da Blueberry Yogurt Cake (RM 9). First look, very simple and normal, just like a home-made Cake layered with thick Cream Cheese Frosting and it's served with a small cup of Blueberry Yogurt, pour as much as you wish!

Look at it, so irresistible right? Feel like having it? :D Never failed to impress me, da Cake is not a normal Cake, really! It tastes like a supa yummy home made Butter Cake which is freshly baked and to have it with da warm Blueberry Yogurt, oh man.... I felt like in heaven! Oh my god, why is it so delicious huh? I seriously had no enough and definitely will come back for this Cake again :D

What a good kick to finish my piece of undoubtedly fantastic Blueberry Yogurt Cake with a cup of warm Moccachino (RM 8), ahhhhhh what a great satisfaction!

Anyone of you have yet to try Marmalade's sweet stuff, get off your butt and make your way here, no regrets! My next attempt is to try their Cupcakes and hope it's all good too! :D

Other reviews:-

15 comments:

yammylicious said...

hahax!! black sheep!!
the show is nice!! trust mii!!
XD

~Christine~Leng said...

meiyen... did the staffs there stop u from taking pictures? cos my friend went there few weeks ago and she was surprised when they don't allow her to take pictures! although she managed to snap some.... I've been wanting to go there for tea, but after hearing about this incidence... sigh. I don't like to be stopped from taking pictures!!

MeiyeN said...

yammylicious, hi... thanks for dropping by! i surely gonna trust you... cause i heard from my friend that it's good, gross! :p

christine, err nope.. been there so many times and they never stopped me from taking pics... and da staffs there were very nice to us too! don't stop yourself going there... you will surely love their cakes ;)

Jun said...

wow. i like the carrot cake already *drools*

Kok said...

meiyen,
That's one huge piece of carrot cake! haha!

The Honey Lemon Tea is RM9 per pot? :O So expensive. But then, it's good to have a nice tea to be served with delicious cake. :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Now u got me craving for cakes. haha. Yeah, Marmalade's cakes are pretty good.

wmw said...

Really looks divine! Ok, will get off my butt and make my way there. hahaha...

Big Boys Oven said...

Lovely cakes...very english... just like jewels hidden inside... always need to be discovered!!!

MeiyeN said...

jun, do try their cakes yah... huge and yummy! :D

kok, yeah... big pc! good if you are feeling supa hungry, can wallop da whole piece ekekekeke..

lemongrass, i am craving on your cupcakes too.... looks pretty! :D

wmw, :D can't wait for your review then..

bigboysoven, exactly! :D

Xiu Long Bao said...

haha...u deserve the dessert queen title among floggers ^_^ I luv marmalade too, tried their sandwiches which were so healthy n wholesome.

ling239 said...

i had only tried the mini cupcakes, guess i have to visit them again real soon ~ ^_^

ai wei said...

i *love* their cakes! but i had only oreo cheesecake with mochaccino. nice one. the blueberry yogurt are so special! gonna try tehm all next time!!!

Jason said...

Ei, I thought there's several incidents where they don't allow us to take photos?

wenching & esiong said...

i've been there for their oreo cheese and i tried their pasta too. i'm surely going to try their blueberry yogurt cake next time!! it looks so delicious!

Jackson said...

hmmm... i only love thier cakes... but not thier main course.. i must try the bluberry yugurt cake next time....hehe