Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Yoshinoya @ 1 Utama

You know, 1 Utama is just like my 4th home. Believe it or not, I do hop by this shopping mall few times a week, mainly for movies, sometimes for groceries and da list goes on and on. Going to 1 Utama isn't a problem but looking for a Restaurant/Cafe to have a meal is a big problem for us cause we've tried almost all of da eateries here and feel pretty bored with da same old thing again. Considering that we didn't want to spend too much on food that night, darling and I decided to give Yoshinoya a second try. Located next to A&W, on da 3rd floor of new wing, this is not da usual Japanese restaurant where food will be served to you. Instead, you got to queue up, order from da counter, pay and food will be served in less than minutes, just like having Mcdonalds, all self-service!

Apparently, Yoshinoya is famous for its Gyu Don but darling wasn't interested to have Beef hence he ordered da Salmon & Chicken Don. To me, it's more like a kiddie meal, definitely looks like one right? :p For da price of RM 13.90, it comes with either a Drink or Soup and darling chose to have da drink. According to my other half, da taste and texture of da Rice were reasonably good and perfectly balanced while having to know that there were slices of Zucchini on top of his Rice, how could he not to be happy? :)

Da drink, I think it was Pepsi ;)

Am not a Rice person hence I went for a bowl of Teriyaki Chicken Udon. Well, just a very simple bowl of Noodle with generous amount of Udon given. Although da soup tastes bland but I find their Udon very much better than those in other Sushi Restaurants and surprisingly I quite like their Teriyaki Chicken, da meat were smooth and tender, not too bad after all for da price of RM 7.90 which also comes with a small cup of Miso Soup :)

Da Miso Soup definitely tastes a lot better ;)

I have heard and seen quite a number of bad reviews of this place but to us, not that bad, really! So far, we had no bad experience here and we thought this is one good place for a quick and fast meal ;)

11 comments:

Kok said...

meiyen,
The Salmon & Chicken Don definitely looks like a kiddie meal to me. Some more the bowl...haha!

Teriyaki Chicken Udon? Won't it be too oily for the soup?

KampungboyCitygal said...

haha same as me..at least 2 time a week..i just went there to have curry laksa at nyonya colours n waffle at waffle world..

Christy said...

Hehe...I also never fail to go to 1U each time I was back in KL!!!I was just there on Merdeka Eve as well! I went to Jack's Place, my Mum's fave:)
1U just happens to be my fave mall...
There's just this sth about KL folks and 1U:D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

err i had it once..but sorry to say..the salmon tasted very artificial..

Jun said...

nothing to do with food here-- just wanna say thanks for putting up the fray's how to save a life in piano version :) it's quite soothing actually hehe...

ai wei said...

I had the salmon don before. the mixed vege and fluffy rice are appealing~

^^

MeiyeN said...

kok, :D fiance love kids so i assume he loves kiddie meals too! :p oh da teriyaki chicken was good, no oily! :D

citygal, ahhh... nyonya colours! must try that place next time.... thanks for reminding me ;)

christy, muahahaha.. so much to shop, so much to eat at 1u right ;)

joe, ahhh true! not da real thing though.... but i bet kids sure love it :p

jun, oh... you are most welcome! :)

aiwei, it looks pretty :D

ling239 said...

erm... out of so many choices i still prefer the beef bowl ~ ^_^

Big Boys Oven said...

I don't know leh.... had yet step in to this place...yet they had been around solong.....hmmmm@#%$^%

Honey Star said...

i like the sticky rice esp mix with the chilli & spice powder. YUM. I think the beef not bad la.

the pain inside me will never change said...

i've worked in yoshinoya before . btw , im singaporean . its a wondeful place to work in . food preparation was very good . my all time favourite was the gyudon(beef bowl) . it tasted heavenly ! the chilli powder & chilli flakes are a must . their miso soup , which is made by using water + miso soup powder is heavenly and one of a kind too . people who have not tried yoshinoya's food should try . even though the pricing is abit steep , it's quality japanese food . and , japanese food ain't cheap . (: