Thursday, October 11, 2007

Amazingly Porky Meal @ Cagayan's Centrepoint, Bandar Utama

We were supposed to drop by The Gardens yesterday night for dinner but how unfortunately that we couldn't make it cause I had to work late and worst of all, da journey from my client's place back to my home-sweet-home was superbly jam, speechless! :(

I felt really hungry due to da fact that by da time I reached home, it was already 8pm+. I thought it was a good time for me to pig out since I felt that I need to eat a lot, lol! I remember Teckiee and Citygal blogged over a place at Centrepoint, Bandar Utama and they did mention that da Ribs at this place, pretty good. Without any hesitation, I suggested darling to drive to Centrepoint and look for da Restaurant. Apparently, I was unable to recall what's da name of da Restaurant but I do remember that Citygal told me it's a Filipino cuisine so it wasn't hard to spot this simple yet bright looking eatery which is located right beside Starbucks Coffee.

Here we were in Cagayan's!

Da moment I saw this, Golden Mushroom Bacon Maki in da menu, I ordered it right away. I mean, Enoki Mushroom has been my favourite, always.... so it's really irresistible! Priced at RM 7.90 only, there are 6 pieces of them. Da Enoki Mushrooms were stir-fried and then being wrapped in da superbly juicy and tasty Pork Bacon. My oh my, it's helluva good and I couldn't believe that I actually walloped 3 pieces and still felt no enough! :p


Darling asked for recommendation and we were told that Pork Binagoongan is da famous item here. Priced at RM 11.90, it's actually a Pork Belly dish served with abundance of Tomatoes and da yummy-licious gravy is actually comes from stir-fried Shrimp Paste. Now, you don't eat this dish by itself, it's best to have it with Steamed Rice and I couldn't agree more with darling, da Pork Belly is finger licking good, really!

Unbelievably, they actually serve slurpy Noodles here! There are two selections, your choice of thick (Udon) or thin (Ramen) Noodles with soup or without soup, it's up to you. I chose to have da Pancit Noodles; Stir-fried Ramen with Minced Pork and generous amount of Vegetables. Whoaaa.... I tell ya, I love this plate of Ramen sooo sooooooooo much that I couldn't stop raving about it and believe it or not, it's only RM 5.90. So much of Noodles, so much of Vegetables... oh my god, it's really....... really affordable!

As I mentioned earlier, I was superbly hungry and whatever we had were no enough although everything came in a great portion. Darling was of course very shocked, I mean it's very seldom that I could eat that much and it only happens once in a blue moon so he happily ordered something from da pit and it was this Little Piggy am talking about :) We had it half a size and it should be 4 slabs of Baby Ribs as stated in da menu but not too sure why that we were served 5 slabs instead, good for us! :D Da Ribs were nevertheless meaty and tender, bathed in a Classic sauce (it's mentioned in da menu that it's "Mat Salleh" style), costs about RM 25.90 only! Also, it's served along with side dishes like Salad/Coleslaw and Mashed Potatoes, very home-made kind, absolutely tasty!

I must say that we were very satisfied with this amazingly porky meal here in Cagayan's. Friendly people around here, good food, free parking..... and oh, I almost forget to mention that if you order their Green Tea drinks (RM 3.90), be it Hot or Cold, it's all bottomless. Seriously, who could ask for more? Although I was kinda upset that I didn't manage to visit The Gardens but hey, I had a good meal last night and it's just fantastic! I will definitely come back for more and trust me, you really have to try this place and you will get to know why Cagayan's is so highly recommended :)

Ahhh.... I feel really oink oink now...... plus da rainy weather, so nice to be on da bed right now! ;)

Cagayan's
G107-108 Centrepoint
Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-77241022

Other reviews:-

24 comments:

Samantha said...

This B-A-B-I restaurant along with the irrestitable pics you've shot is making me drooling over for B-A-B-I now...but damn it, it's 'Chor Yat' today and i gotta keep out from meat...tsk tsk....but it's a confirm babi meal for me on saturday in this babi restaurant...woo hooo!!!

tankiasu said...

I was there too yesterday!!! What a coincidence. :P

Big Boys Oven said...

Ha ha ha .... a place that I will be after reading 3 beautiful girls giving such fantastic reviews!

KampungboyCitygal said...

whoa rm 5.90 noodles..thats like a kopitiam dai chou price..i love the place, those tattood waiters are cute and friendly

MeiyeN said...

samantha, WOW... your words seem to be so wow to me.. haha :D yeah, today is "chor yat" and no meat for me too... :) moreover it's da month of sept in lunar calendar... think that it's gonna rain for these 9 days coming ahead, time to pray 9 emperor gods! anyways, i hope you gonna enjoy da food here... have a good weekend!

tankiasu, omg..... but it was afternoon right... i can't wait for your review yah!

bigboysoven, :D go try... we shall gather one day to have a meal here, da ribs really syiok! ;)

citygal, yeah... big plate somemore! ahahaaaa oh yes... they are really friendly and cute ;)

wenching & esiong said...

The price seems quite ok. Gonna try that out when I'm in the mood for pork! :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyoh another oink oink place to go to..hahaha..looks like must try the ribs..

Jason said...

M U S T G O L I A O.....

ai wei said...

unbelievable. 5.90 for that huge portion of noodles?! the baby pork rib is very attractive. since beef is not my thing then this place muz b good for me. dun have to think twice before order.

oink oink~

Shirley Khor said...

Oh my! The Golden Mushroom Bacon Maki looks so tempting :P" I'm a big fan of mushrooms too :)

myCoffee said...

Wow, this sounds like a "must-try" place!

team bsg said...

happy life ! & wheels turning happily birthday !..from da boyz 2 team
:-) :-)) :-))) :-))))

ling239 said...

huh? i passed by this restaurant countless times but everytime there are not many ppl there so i din think of trying...
must find time to go now ~ tks ^_^

Jackson said...

ok! My next stop!!

teckiee said...

HAHAHAHAH i think i'll let Jim know that 2 lovely ladies mention that he's cute... wait.. make that 3 cos i think h's cute too heheh. I'm going again this Sunday! wee!

~Christine~Leng said...

ooo...a porky meal. with a very very reasonable price 2! oo.. I'm so tempted to check this place out!

PeachyMango said...

i randomly stumbled on your page someone and enjoy reading your review and looking at all the food pics!

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Those porky meals looks yum!

Btw, Heroes Season 2 ROCKS!

babe_kl said...

seems like we must make a trip there soon

ling239 said...

Am i late ?
or the Birthday Girl is missing ??
Happy Birthday to you and many happy returns ~ ^_^

wmw said...

Yah, apart from the food, there's some eye candy too..hehe...

MeiyeN said...

wenching&esiong, trust me.. you gonna love da pork dishes here! :D

joe, i know that this place may be a little bit far for you but you got to try it... very worthy and sure you gonna love da food here!

jason, hahahaha yes!

aiwei, hope you gonna enjoy da food here and do blog about it yah!

shirley, ^5!!!!! yummzzzz

mycoffee, yeah..... and i shall try da hk dessert place soon too! :)

teambsg, hahahaha... thank you! :D

ling239, aikss... you missed da good food here... hope that da next time you are at centrepoint, you gonna try this rest and tell me what ya think bout da food here okay? :)

jackson, remember to bring me along!

teckiee, woottt.... he will be happy for sure! :D

christine, go, go, go! :D

peachymango, hi! thanks for reading my blog :D

obi-kwan, yes... yummz!!!! oh really? gonna tell sponge bob then ;)

babekl, yeah... and i would love to try el cerdo too... no time yet!

ling239, thanks!!!!! :D

wmw, perfect combination! lol...

MamaBoK said...

Wow.. !! didn't think that there would be a porky restaurant in malaysia .. ;) thanks for the recommendation.. i'll have to try it too.. ;)

tekko said...

food looks great and price very okay, never been to Centrepoint before but definitely will try it!