Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lovely Egg Tarts from Tong Kee Brothers Confectionery

Am wondering..... when you come home from work, what do you usually do? As for me, I would usually greet my mom in da kitchen while she is busy preparing us yummy dinner. There was one evening when I reached home, I called out my mom loudly and she wasn't in da kitchen. I saw da back door opened, okay.. that means she is outside talking with my neighbour. As usual, I changed and time to burn da calories off (work out). While I was sweating all over my body, my mom came back and I saw her bringing back a box of "something". I know that it must be something from my neighbour as we frequently receive food-gifts from her. I asked mom what was that and she answered me, "Egg Tarts from Tong Kee". I was very happy to hear that cause I never had any Egg Tarts from Tong Kee before despite how others rave about it. Without any delay, I quickly get my exercise done, shower and get a taste out of da lovely Egg Tarts :)

Six pieces in a box :)



I couldn't believe that da Egg Tarts were still warm when I touched it and by da time I had my first bite, whoaaa...... delicious! Da egg custard is soft, creamy, juicy and very velvety while da outer layer, so fluffy and crunchy that makes me feel so satisfied having one piece to another! :D Am not too sure from which Tong Kee outlet that my neighbour got it from but for sure, I must thank her for bringing us such a wonderful food-gift! :D

Other reviews:-

17 comments:

Samantha said...

Yummylicious tarts! They have it in 2 types of crusts i think...there's an outlet in Sri Petaling (the only one i know..hehe :P)Check it out...they have yummylicious kaya puffs too...i never fail to get them!

Precious Pea said...

There goes your effort in working out! Haha! I loves Tong Kee egg tart too but the one in Mid Valley Jusco closed oledi. :(

babe_kl said...

other than the 2 outlets in pudu area, they have branches in Taman Connaught and Kepong Baru (the row of shops facing the durian stalls). they also hv a smattering of stalls in kopitiam such as in Lai Foong and there's one in SS2 but i cant remember the shop name.

ling239 said...

hmm.. the packaging seems to be different from the last time i bought from Tong Kee ~ but i bet it is still very delicious ^_^

~Christine~Leng said...

miss them right now. A sudden craving for tong kee egg tarts after reading your post ;P

Cutie said...

Wow... you are hardworking man.. You workout after back from work. No wonder you are still so fit. hehe... Well, the tarts are still the best. I love it and i'm craving for it d.

wenching & esiong said...

Now that you've reminded me, it is indeed a good idea as a gift. Hehe, thanks ya!

Jackson said...

yeah yeah yeah!! I love their egg tart too!! I think theirs is the best so far i ever try...... now only i know theyr outlet in Midvalley closed down.. may b of the hidden location

ai wei said...

yes yes! their egg tarts the best! i need some right now. think i will drive to Tmn Connaught and get some.

MeiyeN said...

samantha, yeah i know bout da sri petaling outlet... saw it when i "yum cha" with my cousins :)and they sell kaya puffs too? great!

preciouspea, you mean they used to sell in jusco midvalley? ouch... i didn't know that.... :(

babekl, my god.. you mean they have an outlet in kepong? goodie... thanks for telling me.... :D

ling239, you mean da previous packaging is different? hmm didn't know that but i know their egg tarts soo sooooo yummy! :D

christine, haha go get it asap then ;)

cutie, it's for health reason... i can't be eating all da time without sweating out ;) no doubt, da best egg tarts!

wenching&esiong, yeah.. must thank my neighbour! :D

jackson, i didn't even know they used to have an outlet in midvalley! :(

Jason said...

Aiya, I still haven't try this :(

Primrose said...

Whoa! Egg tarts during workout. :) So funny, your mum. But I absolutely love egg tarts as well. I think my mum buys Tong Kee from our market. "Imported" from the main outlet. :)

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Too bad here no egg tarts (or at least i've not seen any like those back home).
Bob + golf = every1 wearing hard hats & safety equipment to the course :p
Hehe, y d sudden infatuation???
Must be a very slow time in Magic now.

team bsg said...

these are definitely ladies favorites ! We have pimped you and need yr sweet ok !

MeiyeN said...

aiwei, wow.... i hope you managed to grab them! :D

jason, don't be sad yah... sure you will get to try it soon.. ;)

primrose, no no... not during workout.. i think can die if eat and workout at da same time lol.. oh import from da main outlet? which market? :)

obi-kwan, nevermind.. at least you have da chance to try all da sinfully yummy desserts over there.. am so envy you know! would really appreciate if you could post some of da famous food from where you are located now! :D and am not too sure how's da magic session going on now.. perhaps there's not much of fun since you left? :p

teambsg, haha.. ladies favourites... tell me, do you guys love it? ;)

Neko Hime said...

They even have "butter" egg tarts - paler yellow than egg tarts. Did not try it but it seems popular in the Sri Petaling Branch.

MamaBoK said...

I miss egg tarts..! i never used to crave for them.. but now that i can't have them.. of course i want them..! how ironic right..??