Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Remember To Eat" at KTZ, 1 Utama

Sometimes, we get really bored with da eateries at 1 Utama and left us no choice to re-visit da same place again and again. It's not that we don't want to go other places to eat but it's difficult I would say considering that we have to be on time to catch a movie. Two days ago, again we were in 1 Utama to watch "Brothers" and as usual, not too sure what to eat :|

Me: What you wanna eat, darling?
Darling: Up to you..
Me: I don't know, you decide :p
Darling: We go "Kei Tak Zik"
Me: Ss2?? But our movie is at 9pm...
Darling: They have an outlet inside 1 Utama
Me: Are you sure?
Darling: Come la... I bring you! ;)
Me: O_o

Oh my god, it's true! KTZ has an outlet inside 1 Utama! My reaction was O_o, really! Am not too sure if you are aware of this newly opened outlet over here in 1 Utama but if you are unsure, take note, it's actually tucked in a small corner, right opposite another newly opened Shabu-Shabu Restaurant (replacing World of FengShui). I don't quite remember which floor it's but for sure it's not hard to find, most probably right above Sushi Groove, correct me if I am wrong :)

Before we really place our orders, we took our own sweet time to explore da menu. I am pretty amazed as they serve more varieties over here compare to da outlets at Kepong Baru and Ss2, thumbs up for them!

Knowing that they serve "La Mien", I wait no more and straight away ordered da Superior Seafood version. Priced at RM 14.80, my bowl of Seafood "La Mien" came with abundance of Prawns, Mussels, Clams, Fish and Squids while da noodles has a nice springy texture to it. Da soup, nevertheless very flavourful and surprisingly, I didn't feel thirsty at all after that, that means, there shouldn't be much MSG.

Darling went for da Plain Soup "La Mien", only RM 4 per bowl and he accompanied his bowl of noodles with...

Pepper + Salt Eggplant (RM 6). I tell ya, this's a must try item especially if you heart Brinjals. Very special indeed, it tastes just exactly like French Fries but much tastier. Da texture of it, very soft and crispy at da same time while having to eat it with Chicken Floss, oh so yummy!

Besides da Eggplant, darling ordered another side dish, Pan Fried Dumpling. Priced at RM 6, we were served with 5 pieces of piping hot Dumpling. I didn't give any expectation to da Dumplings as I believe that it tastes almost da same everywhere else but I was wrong! First bite, whoaa... like da dry version of "XiuLongBao"! Cripsy outside and da meat inside, oh so juicy and aromatic! Loved it, loved it! :D

We decided to skip Popcorns in da cinema and went ahead for their hot Dessert ("Tong Sui"). All this while, darling loves Peanut Butter "Tong Sui" and when he found out that they actually serve a combination of Peanut Butter and Black Sesame, he was so happy. Priced at RM 3, this bowl of yummy and creamy dessert definitely has his vote. I didn't try it out cause I suspect I am allergy to Black Sesame while darling exclaimed to me that it's such a perfect combination as when he mixed them up, da flavour is so unique.

I had Barley with Ginkgo Nuts (RM 3). I didn't expect much either but to my surprised, I found treasure! It actually comes with 2 big "Tong Yuen" with fillings! Yummy, yummy and best of all they are not stingy, there were many Ginkgo Nuts added to my bowl of "Tong Sui" and I absolutely satisfied with it :D

Burrppp.... very full! I never thought that this new outlet of KTZ actually serves better food and more varieties than da rest of da outlets with no increase on their prices. Pretty good isn't it? So, if you are craving for some yummy "Tong Sui" and get too bored with other eateries in 1 Utama, KTZ is definitely one good choice, "remember to eat"! :D

17 comments:

KampungboyCitygal said...

i just went there, everything i expensive by rm 1 but i just love the varieties

~Christine~Leng said...

I heart brinjals definitely! and the pan fried dumplings! Oh.. I'm so hungry now. I've not heard about this outlet before. Shall hop over to this place next week for sure! Thx a lot gal!!

ling239 said...

the brinjal is something really special...
as for the tong shui, is there other combination as well ? i like red bean and black sesame wor, can mix ah? :p

ai wei said...

this place looks really good. i love eggplant a lot and the salt & pepper eggplants look special. the peanut sesame tong sui looks real creamy!!! another much visit place when i m in one U. thanks thanks

wenching & esiong said...

there's a ktz in citrus park oug but this outlet seems to serve so much more food! i wonder if it's the same outlet. i like their sai mai lou very much.

Big Boys Oven said...

Looks so delicious.... a must to drop by at this place!

wmw said...

Actually the extra dishes you find at the KTZ here is also found in One Noodles in SS2. They are under the same group/company.

Cutie said...

Oooh... i didn't know that... But definitely must try. Looks good. Hehe... I guess new place for you to eat at 1 utama.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

WOW...
sounds SUPER delicious!!!
Especially the brinjals, damn.. make me 'lau hau shui'. :p

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

how come the la mien resembles instant noodles to me haha..

wow this looks like a bigger range of stuff from them..i always associate this place for their desserts ala tong suis only..

Precious Pea said...

I saw this place when i went to BarBQ plaza 2 weeks ago. Seems like a good place to get a quick bite. Am tempted to try the new shabu-shabu place too. I didn't know it was used to be World of Fengshui. You mean World of Fengshui closed down? Gosh! Didn't they check the fengshui before moving in??

YilingL said...

thanks for the precious information!!!

myCoffee said...

Great to hear that they are now opened in OneU! The deepfried brinjal dish looks yummy, but are they overly oily?

Christy said...

Ohh...i missed it the last time I was in 1U coz my good friend brought me to Sushi Groove and I spotted it when we finished our lunch...hehe:D
Seems like a nice lunch you had...but prices seem to have gone up though:p

Jason said...

Shall drop by here next time I'm in 1U. Eggplant with chicken floss sounds so interesting.

MamaBoK said...

The prices are really good.. MY..!! to die for lor..!

ekeng said...

One more place to go in One U..I won't miss it...especially their dessert.