Monday, December 17, 2007

Pangkor Village Seafood Restaurant @ Taman Megah, PJ

Bringing you to da Pangkor Village Seafood Restaurant at Taman Megah, I bet this Restaurant is no longer a stranger to da PJ folks. When I was a child, my dad used to bring me to a Restaurant by da name of Pangkor Curry Fish Head Restaurant back in Ss2 ( few shops away from Coffee Bean) and we had been eating at that Restaurant for many years until one day when we found out that they no longer occupied that premise. We lost touched with da owner and wow.... it has been more than 10 years now! My mom was at Taman Megah one day and while she passed by Pangkor Village Seafood Restaurant, it gave her a feeling that it's da same old Restaurant that we used to go to. She braved herself inside and to her surprised, she saw da owner's daughter. Oh my god, mom could recognise da daughter and she was fairly happy. She chatted awhile with da daughter and found out that they were actually forced to move out by da landlord in Ss2. Poor thing... I mean their business was really good back then and they left without a notice and bad enough that we seldom hang out at Taman Megah if not we would have known it earlier that they have moved here.

Their specialty, Pangkor Curry Fish Head. For your information, it's not da usual Curry Fish Head that it tastes. I mean da spices that they use is really different as it has a sharp tangy kicks which is very appetizing that you keep wanting more and more. It's amazing to find out that their Curry Fish Head is still as good as before. I mean I last tasted it almost more than 10 years ago and there's no change in their recipe. My only complain, it would be much better if they have served da Curry piping hot and not warm. Most probably da next time I drop by, I shall tell them I want da Curry to be really hot :)

For vege, we ordered a plate of "Sweet Potato Leafy". We had it done in "Belacan" style and it was delicious.

Another main attraction over here is their Honey "See Yau Wong" Chicken. This is absolutely my favourite dish as I love da gravy so much. Da Chicken was tender and very well marinated, yummy!

Apart from da above dishes, we also had a plate of Steamed Beancurd. I don't think that it's a home-made kind of Beancurd but still, tastes not bad and good to cool down da tummy after da Curry :)

Da bill came up to RM 75 only and there were 5 of us, such a good deal! We will come back for more, for sure! Oh by da way, it's really easy to find this Restaurant cause it's actually located right opposite Fatty Crab ;)


Pangkor Village Seafood Restaurant
(formerly known as Pangkor Curry Fish Head @ Ss2)
59, Jalan SS24/8
Taman Megah

14 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Woh! I must try this curry fish head...with your taste bud and recomendation, I am sure I will definitely enjoy dining here!

yammylicious said...

woah the bil is cheap for 5 person.. drooling for curry fish head d!! =)

ling239 said...

the curry fish head and honey chicken are the must-order-dishes there.... so yummy !! ^_^

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

the taufoo definitely came out from the usual box..meaning not home made..and its dead simple, a dish my parents dont order bcoz mom says she can make it the same way!

~Christine~Leng said...

I like spicy stuffs! and the curry fish head sounds interesting cos like what u said, it's somehow different!

will keep an eye on this restaurant :) ^^

Nic (KHKL) said...

soya sauce chicken is already very tempting...soya sauce + honey, wah! lagi tempting! hehe...

team bsg said...

we used to eat here but do not think it does Pangkor justice, ( coz got no beach )
think to sue them soon when we are mad ( joking lah )

MeiyeN said...

bigboysoven, hope that their dishes won't disappoint you yah.. :)

yammylicious, yeah.. it's pretty decent... normal "tai chow" price at a seafood restaurant :)

ling239, oh... sounds like you have tried this place! ^5..

joe, oh you are one lucky boy since your mom can make da beancurd.. me not that lucky, so just have to savour it outside ;)

christine, yeah.. is different! i love da tangy flavour... let me know if you love this place yah..

nic(khkl), hahaha... it's very appetizing i must say.. best to eat da rice with da gravy.. yummy!

teambsg, hahaha.. true enough no beach and da only view is to look at fatty crab restaurant lol..

ekeng said...

Wah...RM 75 for 5 people...it kinda cheap for dinning in Seafood restaurant..i love sweet potato leafy..it's my fav vege..the Honey "see yau wong" chicken look so delicious wor ;)

ai wei said...

the curry fish head looks appetizing! i love spicy stuff with strong flavour. will have a try if have the chance ^^

wenching & esiong said...

Wow, the curry really looks tempting! And I like the steamed beancurd too! I like beancurd cooked in this way, actually, in any ways!

MeiyeN said...

ekeng, yeah.. i love these dishes, it's really appetizing! go try yah..

aiwei, sure... hope you gonna have a good time here ;)

wenching&esiong, ^5.. i love beancurd just like how you heart them too! :D

teckiee said...

LOL at BSG! yeah my dad's home town! kind of miss pangkor now... but i agree, food is good with a reasonable priced menu, even after their renovation.

MamaBoK said...

Very good deal indeed .. MY..! i can't even get such good food.. here .. :( for RM$30 .. i get a box of beef kway teow.. and it suxs big time.. :(