Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Lawn @ KLCC

There was one Saturday night when parents got to attend friend's wedding dinner and since da venue was somewhere in KL, we decided to give them a ride and there after, we went to KLCC. It's unbelievable that KLCC was rather quiet that night though it was a Saturday, really don't know why. As seen, da gigantic Christmas Tree is up now but it looks kinda awful as compared to last year (seriously looks so different!). Darling and sis said that da peak of da tree looks like rubbish O_o, am really shocked they said so. My guess is that they have yet to complete decorating da Tree so I shall see if there's any changes this coming weekend since I be will heading down to KLCC again for da PC Fair.

As usual, questions like "Where to eat?", "What to eat?", popped out and I suggested darling and little sista, The Lawn which is opened by Marmalade Cafe. I thought it was really a perfect choice because I have been enjoying eating at their Bangsar Village II outlet and so far, it has been all good. I remember it was about 8pm when we reached and shocked enough, no diners around, only us! Still, I wasn't mind as I gave a full hope on them and was thinking most probably because they are still new here in KLCC.

We seated, given da menu and was told that it's self-service order :| My sista gave me one kind of look and darling too. Sis said, "Huh? Food here not cheap and it's self service?" I kept quiet and look through da menu what to order and walked over to da cashier with darling. Darling was asking da staff, "What do you recommend us to eat?". Can you imagine we have to stand near da cashier and asked that question? My goodness! Anyways, da staff recommended us to order da Pie but darling didn't want to. He suspect that da Pie wasn't freshly baked as seen from da warmer or chiller? Sorry, not too sure what's that display thing called. I mean, can't be a warmer also cause I saw Cupcakes inside and I believe if it's a warmer, da Cupcake would have melted right away but da Pies were inside, a chiller? O_o I really don't know :p Anyways, we managed to place our order and we were given a number, it's a live plant, very cute! :D

Let's check out what we had.....

Smoked Salmon Salad (RM 18). Now, I must say that da Salad here is kinda different, small portion, definitely not da very huge portion of Salad that you usually get at Marmalade Cafe. Our Salad comes with mixed Lettuce, Avocado, Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes and tossed in a Honey Mustard dressing. No doubt, very fresh and da Lettuce were really crunchy, no complaints :)

Smoked Salmon Quiche (RM 16). Well, very disappointed. Sadly to say that da Quiche tastes bland. There were not much of Smoked Salmon inside too, mainly only da top side. I felt like eating a tasteless Egg Tart, so disappointing. My sis kept asking me if they forgot to put salt in it while darling think that da Quiche wasn't freshly baked too, felt like it had been baked for days! :(

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Garlic Prawns (RM 19). It was nicely presented, I thought our dinner was saved by da Pasta but..... no, horror!

There were lotsa Oil and it kept dripping everywhere! :|

Again, tasteless and worst of all, I think 3 of us had already consumed about 1/4 of da amount of Oil served.

Thank god that view from The Lawn was beautiful enough to calm us down. We didn't order any of their Cupcakes, my sista suggested not to cause she said that da dinner was horrible enough and she didn't want to take da risk despite me telling her how yummy their Cupcakes though I have yet to try. She even questioned me, "How you know their Cupcakes are nice when you never tried them before?" I told her, "Surely good cause...... ermmm.... I have friend tried before!" Oh no, I lied to her :( Anyways, no matter how I persuaded, darling and sis said NO! In da end, they dragged me away and brought me to Mcdonald's, queue for da Sundae O_o.

Well, I don't know what to say. I mean, I really love eating at Marmalade Cafe and I really have faith with The Lawn but they turned me down with da oily Pasta and tasteless Quiche. It was really horrible okay cause my sis has never been picky over food and she complaint! So you can imagine how bad it was. I really hope to try their Cupcakes one day but that's if darling allows since we had such a bad experience here.

Other review:-

24 comments:

yammylicious said...

aww just went the lawn too.. did u try their cupcake?! pretty disappointed on their brownise.. =(

ling239 said...

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Garlic Prawns... three photos and not even a prawn in sight ~ XD

~Christine~Leng said...

I thought of eating here at first when heading to KLCC tomorrow.. Guess this have to wait ;P

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

It's sad that they come under the Marmalade brand but quality wise, they're not up to par. They shud just drop Marmalade from their name. There's only so much they can milk from it.

wenching & esiong said...

Haha! KLCC is reusing their christmas tree over and over again. Time for a change I think. Hmm.. I thought The Lawn would be as good as Marmalade Cafe.

Kenny said...

did they know what to call oil control? haha^^

teckiee said...

eeeyearrrrrrrrr the seafood pasta so geli!!! I came here with Kusahi the other day for lunch. thanks god we just ordered sandwishes

ekeng said...

oh my god..the spaghetti are too oily..Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Garlic Prawns?? where is the prawns??

Nic (KHKL) said...

the quiche is so "cannot-make-it"!...so different from marmalade's...self-service some more...i guess its best to stick to marmalade :)

Jason said...

Presentation looks good but er...
Sorry to hear about that. Btw, the top of the tree really looked like rubbish.

Christy said...

Oh so sorry that it turned out so bad!! You must be feeling really bad that night:(

I noticed you have a soft spot for salmon and also Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Garlic Prawns:D

Precious Pea said...

WOW dat bad ar? The last time we went to Marmalade, my colleague had the oglio too..and it was soaked with olive oil..even worst than yours.

Big Boys Oven said...

wah so bad argh! some more it KLCC.... aiyoh they better get their butt and improve.

ai wei said...

oh-oh... sounds bad. tot they would be as good as marmalade and i can't believe it's a self service concept!

MeiyeN said...

yammylicious, nope.. didn't try their cupcakes though cause fiance and sis weren't interested at all :|so sorry to hear that their brownies didn't turn out yummy :(

ling239, actually there were prawns hidden inside but.. still, bad! :(

christine, yeah.. maybe give them some time to adjust themselves here since they are still very new..

lemongrass, yah.. and it's not good cause that may bring down marmalade's reputation :|

wenching&esiong, lotsa shopping malls are reusing their old xmas tree with different decorations though.... seems like nothing new this year :(

kenny, lol.. maybe they don't :)

teckiee, how was da sandwich then?

ekeng, hidden inside ;)

nic, yeaps... paying so much, better stick to marmalade cafe!

jason, lol.. you think da same too huh? O_o

christy, real bad cause i was da one who suggested eating at the lawn! :(

preciouspea, oh really? that's sad.... :|

bigboysoven, i wonder if they can survive long here.. :|

aiwei, yeaps.. self-service but once they take your order they will bring da food over.. just that when you order, you need to go over da cashier..

Wai Sik Mui said...

Authentic aglio olio is supposed to be almost 'swimming in oil'. I had it in Rome and it was flooded with olive oil. Even from Marcella Hazans' recipe book, it's prepared that way. Maybe you have to love olive oil to appreciate it.I am not a big fan of that so I find the Aglio Olio from the Italian Restaurant at Centre Point the best because it's a lot less oily. :)

KampungboyCitygal said...

ewwww so oily!! i would complain to the serving staff

MamaBoK said...

Eeeeewkkk..!! hate places like that..!! self service.. so ex food.. some more not good.. :(
What a real bummer..!!

wmw said...

Ok...just sandwiches then!

Xiu Long Bao said...

hmm...something like D'lish's concept. Expensive food but self service and not very tasty also.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Haha, looks like all their dishes hav a little tuft of vege decoration on top. Just to denote "The Lawn". (looks cute tho.)

Imbi & Itchy said...

pass by the place, took and seat but did not order anything. the menu don't seem that exciting to me so i headed elsewhere ... lol

but, still hope to give this place a try first.

MeiyeN said...

waisikmui, oh really? i didn't know that... but i don't think i can accept that fact that it's soaked with oil... thanks for da tips ;)

citygal, we never thought of that! you are right.. should really complain :p

mamabok, yeah.. but never try never know though :p

wmw, yeah... but i doubt so i will be returning anytime soon :(

xiulongbao, hmmm.... yeah quite similar but dlish's cupcakes are soooo good! :)

obi-kwan, lol.. cute but we got to pay for it.. :p

imbi&itchy, yeah i remember that.. you had that yummy chocolatey cake instead ;)

eLLieNg said...

Hi Meiyen,

Just writing on behalf of Marmalade cafe. First of all, thanks so much for your loyal patronage and wonderful reviews of Marmalade in the past. Secondly, I do apologise for your bad experience at The Lawn. Thanks to reviews such as yours, we're improving on a regular basis, and I do hope you understand that we're relatively new at this space and with everyone's help, we're avidly growing. So do give us another chance in the near future. In fact, you can drop me an email at contagiousiconster@gmail.com and I'll ensure a better AND satisfying experience next time around! :)