Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nol Boo Korean Restaurant @ Sunway Pyramid

Yippee, I see sunlight today, feel so happy! I seriously wanna go under da sun, very soon.... most probably after I finish this review :) Talk about eateries at Sunway Pyramid, I think I can count on how many of them I have actually tried before. Perhaps only 1 or 2 restaurants as I hardly hang around here since I left College but not until recently when darling and I almost frequent this shopping mall like once a week. I remember I used to come here so often during my college days where my buddies and I would just hang around during our break time, mostly for movies, for a cuppa and not to forget, shopping too. Eight years has passed and there's a tremendous change, da most obvious one is da newly opened Sunway Pyramid II which links to da old mall so shoppers could just go round and round da whole shopping mall ;)

Darling and I finished watching a movie at TGV (omg, da cinema... sigh, don't know why.. da seats just so uncomfortable, so small, no head rest and da ticket is more expensive than GSC, omg, it's really bad!) and it was already dinner time. Darling wanted to eat Korean food and I remember there's one small little Korean restaurant tucked in a corner, located right beside Famous Amous.

It's Nol Boo Korean Restaurant and yes, I know! Nol Boo has been operating long long time ago and we had been passing by since 8 years ago yet this's our first time trying da food here. It's quite limited seats over here so if you are really keen to have a meal here, you got to be patience.

We were first served with Appetizers and don't expect much from them, only 3 kinds that they serve....

Kim Chi

Bean Sprouts

Cucumbers

Darling had their Korean Bbq which I thought it's quite affordable, only RM 20 and you can choose to have Beef or Chicken which is served with Vegetables, Crystal Noodle, Soup and a bowl of Rice. I find da Seasoned Chicken meat pretty flavourful, very well marinated and very tender too.

For myself, I had Chicken Ramyun (Korean Noodle). Priced at RM 12 per bowl, people would usually order da spicy version cause it's quite famous back in Korea but since they do offer da non-spicy version, I thought it was a good try. No, it's not da normal Maggie Mee or Nissin Noodle texture, their Korean Noodle tastes so much better but I dare not to drink da soup cause it's yellowish, don't know why.

All in all, we only paid RM 35 for our dinner. I mean having Korean food is never cheap so we find it quite a good deal here but one thing that I don't quite like about this place is that when we were having our dinner there, onlookers kept looking at what we ate and they just stood there, right in front our table. I know, they were curious but it really made me feeling uncomfortable having people to watch me eating. Da next time I come over here, I would tell da staff I wanna sit inside and not outside ;)

21 comments:

Cutie said...

Oh, I know how it feels being stared while you are eating. It's just annoying and somehow I will not enjoy my meal much. So I try avoiding going to places like this.

Kenny Mah said...

...when we were having our dinner there, onlookers kept looking at what we ate and they just stood there, right in front our table...

I guess dining has become a spectator sport for our beloved Malaysians? ;)

yammylicious said...

so stiggy d.. last visit they gave us 4 appetizer nor.. sob!! not much choices in nol boo.. but in new wing going to hv another new korean restaurant!! *waiting* =)

Big Boys Oven said...

This meal of yours is inexpensive.... most of the time we end up paying more than RM100 for 2 person!

Big Boys Oven said...

by the way meiyen, red velvet cake does have red food colouring which incoperate to the cocoa powder. I always feel great about this cake if real butter milk is being use and not opt for buttermilk essence. Buttermilk is really fragrant. love the smell!

~Christine~Leng said...

it's affordable for a korean meal :) this place is always packed with lotsa ppl everytime we passed by. and I would love to tried the bbq since it's only RM20. hehe.. thought it would be very expensive ;P

wenching & esiong said...

3 types of side dishes served is quite little. Yeah, agree with you on that point, I felt uncomfortable when ppl kept staring at our food!

Kenny said...

yea, its just feel uneasy whn someone looking at u while u eating...
the yellowish soup mayb is bcuz of the noodle..?

Nic (KHKL) said...

RM35 is quite affordable for korean food...the price is similar to "tai chow" but with air-con lar..hehe :)

MeiyeN said...

cutie, i am actually okay if they just look and walk away but not okay when they look and stand there not moving away :|

kenny, those people are just curious i know.. but, it's not too good if they stare too long, right?

yammylicious, oh really? that's a good news... looking forward to it.. what's da name, you know?

bigboysoven, yeah.... usually it's around that price for 2 pax :) bout da cake, i really wish to try it one day.. cause it's pretty but am quite worry on da colors though :p

christine, it's packed especially dinner time so you got to go early to avoid disappointment and make sure you opt to sit inside ;)

wenching&esiong, actually can't expect much from them also cause their price is not too expensive :)

kenny, you are right... most probably is because of da noodles so i dare not to drink it :p

nic, haha... true also! ;)

KampungboyCitygal said...

i dun reli like this place..feel cheated when i paid 15 bucks for instant noodles haha

ling239 said...

Korean for two at RM35 is affordable.... ^_^

Bernsy said...

15bucks for Korean Instant noodles, lol .... my Sayang also loves to eat nisin noodles in those HK style cafes.... to me it just looks like maggi mee... isn't maggi mee the same type of noodles as nisin noodles ?

wmw said...

Huh, people actually stand in front of you both and look at what's on the table? So weird!

ekeng said...

i oso dun like TGV at Sunway Pyramid..it's small,smelly and the seat is uncomfortable *grrrr*

i will go to sunway pyramid soon cos i wanna check out the christmas decoration and shopping :)

MeiyeN said...

citygal, it's even more expensive to eat this bowl of noodle in korea lol...

ling239, yeaps.. :)

bernsy, it's weird right? most probably gals' food lol cause i am like your gf too ;) i think nissin noodle tastes better than maggie :p

wmw, yeah... guess they are curious with da bbq hot plate :|

ekeng, thank god that day we were there, it wasn't smelly but i just felt very uncomfortable with their seats... have fun checking out da xmas decoration yah! :)

Kenny said...

something wrong with all your photo, what happen..?

Primrose said...

Eh, I can't see pictures You exceeded bandwidth. When will you get your new quota?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

this place is actually opened up by my friend's parents..they r 100% koreans..

miss those days, now my friend is in korea doing his national service..

Kelly Mahoney said...

Mmmm, I haven't had kimchee in ages.

MamaBoK said...

I spy instant noodles..?? But for 35bucks.. i'll have to say it's worth it lah.. :)